Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sonofsmog

join:2003-09-09
Ontario, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

So who upgraded from the 35/35 to the 150/65 bundle?

This is the path I took today, ordering was a snap online, and there was just a bit of confusion about whether or not they would roll a truck (I know they need to replace my BPON with a GPON and give me a new router) because the site said they would be MAILING a new router, but they called and confirmed they are rolling a truck tomorrow.

What's the rest of the experience like? I understand they are going to have to RE-RE place my COAX with CAT 5e. They made the router COAX for ONE set top box widgets (the others are all cable card) when I got the bundle two years ago, but now I guess they need to switch it back. What else is in store? Are the new speeds better then sliced bread?

Was your wife ticked about the extra 45 bucks a month?

EdgeWise

join:2002-11-16
Syracuse, NY

I was considering it, or the very least 75/35 but apparently the highest I can go is 50/25 in Syracuse, NY according to the website.

Benzima

join:2012-06-09
Murrieta, CA

3 edits
reply to sonofsmog

I upgraded on-line right after midnight. I had the cart all ready to go 3 or 4 times but hesitated to finish the deal. I thought if I went via a CSR I could get something free like HBO for 6 months or something. I know everyone is now gonna say how they got this, that and the other included for free. In hindsight, I probably coulda but...I actually talked to 2 of the instant on-line chat reps and both said, "You can try that but on-line will get you the lowest price" or something very similar. I really want to get the ball moving so I called the regular number and of course that office was closed that time of night. No surprise. Patience is not one of my virtues. I went back and completed my order. Looks like the install will be 9 daze after order. Ordered 6/18, install set for 6/27. Yes, they do need to come out to the house

I did something very dumb though. Less than a month ago I bought the Rev I router ($154 total) and now I'm getting one free. It will go up an eBay, I guess.

Here's another thing that's kinda weird. I went with 150/65 not because I can justify it. I did it kinda just because I could. I'm only responsible for about 30% of our bill (Ultimate/ 150/65/ Digital Voice) so that made it much easier to swallow. I went for Verizon's "Some customers will upgrade just for bragging rights." I kept saying, "Well, for $10 more I'll have twice the speed....repeat" Next thing you know...

res0r9lm

join:2009-05-26
North Port, FL
reply to sonofsmog

I can't really say much other than their security is bad. Rep changed my log on info because they got hacked. These morons are so dumb. There is the option available to reset but if you don't have verizon phone must use account number that you could easily find on your bill but I have paperless bill and have to login to view.

wkndplaya

join:2003-10-08
Brooklyn, NY

Took the plunge today, told me someone has to come out to fiddle with the ont and change the modem(no surprise there) I am getting 95mbits down on a revision F so *shrugs*

dmodert66

join:2007-04-02
Ontario, CA
reply to sonofsmog

said by sonofsmog:

This is the path I took today, ordering was a snap online, and there was just a bit of confusion about whether or not they would roll a truck (I know they need to replace my BPON with a GPON and give me a new router) because the site said they would be MAILING a new router, but they called and confirmed they are rolling a truck tomorrow.

What's the rest of the experience like? I understand they are going to have to RE-RE place my COAX with CAT 5e. They made the router COAX for ONE set top box widgets (the others are all cable card) when I got the bundle two years ago, but now I guess they need to switch it back. What else is in store? Are the new speeds better then sliced bread?

Was your wife ticked about the extra 45 bucks a month?

I pulled the trigger as well. Can't wait to try it out. I hope they come to my house before yours though...Wait, on second thought, it's ok if they go to yours first since I won't be home till 7ish anyway (someone will be home for the appointment).

sonofsmog

Ontario, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by dmodert66:

I pulled the trigger as well. Can't wait to try it out. I hope they come to my house before yours though...Wait, on second thought, it's ok if they go to yours first since I won't be home till 7ish anyway (someone will be home for the appointment).

LOL! Ontario too eh? Heh... I am debating staying home so the installer doesn't say something ridiculous to my wife like how much of an upgrade it is. I'm telling her it's because my CONTRACT expired last month and we HAD to select a NEW TIER. :-P

nxtiak

join:2008-08-06
Redlands, CA
reply to Benzima

said by Benzima:

I did something very dumb though. Less than a month ago I bought the Rev I router ($154 total) and now I'm getting one free. It will go up an eBay, I guess.

Go for it, last week I was watching a Rev I on eBay.... and on Saturday, it sold for $184 (/facepalm)
Take advantage of the stupid eBay shoppers and make some money on that thing!

On another note.
I'm in Redlands, CA just upgraded my 35/35 to 75/35 today.
Getting 84/40, downloads 9.99MB/s I'm happy.

McBane

join:2008-08-22
Plano, TX

Wow I have like 2 old westells and 2 old actiontecs just collecting dust in some closet somewhere... They were stupid techs "solutions" to some of my old ONT and speed issues at my old apartment.

LoST
Premium
join:2001-05-20
Lynn, MA
reply to sonofsmog

I made the upgrade. Ordered yesterday, tech is in the basement now replacing ONT and router. Then says gotta do something at a junction box then should be all set.
--
"To be LoST is to be me"

hata28

join:2008-12-16
Philadelphia, PA
reply to sonofsmog

I just upgraded last night to 70/35...getting 82/40...and I just upgrade to 150/65 30 mins ago and i got 150/35 upload never increase. any idea?

dumbfound

join:2008-07-10
Irvington, NJ
reply to sonofsmog

150/65 bundle? the Triple play or the double?
I have the double 35/35 + voice to 75/35 + voice for the same place....

i get like 80/38.

SL83

join:2005-05-28
Oceanside, NY
kudos:1
reply to res0r9lm

said by res0r9lm:

I can't really say much other than their security is bad. Rep changed my log on info because they got hacked. These morons are so dumb. There is the option available to reset but if you don't have verizon phone must use account number that you could easily find on your bill but I have paperless bill and have to login to view.

When I first signed my mom up for FIOS, I was looking at her current service and logged into MyVerizon.

It somehow took me into someone else's account in another state. Before I realized I was in someone else's account, I changed the password and started going through it.

When I got to the part with the address and automated billing and it was very obviously not my mother's account, I realized something was not right

I ended up shooting an e-mail to the guy's primary e-mail account, and Verizon with the guy's newly changed password.

Never did hear back - but oh well.

houkouonchi

join:2002-07-22
Ontario, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to sonofsmog

said by sonofsmog:

said by dmodert66:

LOL! Ontario too eh? Heh... I am debating staying home so the installer doesn't say something ridiculous to my wife like how much of an upgrade it is. I'm telling her it's because my CONTRACT expired last month and we HAD to select a NEW TIER. :-P

Another guy from Ontario here =P. I didn't think they were going to be doing bundling because when they first released the new internet packages on the site they listed the 150/300 as 2x and 4x as fast as our 'fastest bundle package'. Looks like its only $20 more now to get 150/65 compared to 75/35 (old 35/35). That is nice that california can now get that bundle for $165.

I really can't wait until they release what the new small business prices will be when they add 300/65. For now I will stick with my dual 150/65 stand-alone smal business connections.
--
300/150 mbit Bonded Verizon FiOS connection FTW!

Spawn026

join:2011-07-31
Bradley Beach, NJ

I want to upgrade from 50/20 to 150/65 but they are looking to charge me an extra 35 which I thought was a little high compared to the prices everyone else is getting. I'll have to call and see if they will offer me a better deal.

guppy_fish
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by Spawn026:

I want to upgrade from 50/20 to 150/65 but they are looking to charge me an extra 35 which I thought was a little high compared to the prices everyone else is getting. I'll have to call and see if they will offer me a better deal.

On the upgrade page, they usually bump the TV and internet packages together n the "new" quote list, there is a little -+ slider under each service in the list so you can return to the lower TV package

Spawn026

Bradley Beach, NJ

Thanks for the tip! The thing is, I'm already on the ultimate package which is even stranger. I'm at the top for every service so to bump an extra 35 seems a little high especially when I have so many boxes and an additional phone line

Gib

@verizon.net
reply to sonofsmog

I upgraded from the 35/35 to the 75/35 - I was on the phone for about 10 minutes hold and rep came on. Took about 30 minutes for the change to take affect and I am getting about 88mb download and 35mb up. Loving it!

tf51d

join:2008-06-26
Kissimmee, FL
reply to sonofsmog

I just saw this after accessing the site on a support issue, I was going to pull the trigger myself on the 150/65 deal but I noticed one of the disclaimers that doing so, which would switch the voice plan from essential to digital, would cause my home security alarm to trigger. No explanation on what can be done about it, So I need some more info before I can go ahead. Has anybody dealt with this issue themselves yet?

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
reply to Gib

said by Gib :

I upgraded from the 35/35 to the 75/35 - I was on the phone for about 10 minutes hold and rep came on. Took about 30 minutes for the change to take affect and I am getting about 88mb download and 35mb up. Loving it!

Were you able to get a better deal than is offered online?

andrewlef

join:2012-03-30
Providence, RI
reply to sonofsmog

I will pull the trigger once it's rolled out to businesses. I have 35/35 currently and it's great, but who doesn't love more speed?

Springbok

join:2002-09-13
Colleyville, TX
reply to guppy_fish

said by guppy_fish:

On the upgrade page, they usually bump the TV and internet packages together n the "new" quote list, there is a little -+ slider under each service in the list so you can return to the lower TV package

Thank you for that. Downgraded TV from Ultimate to Extreme and bumped Internet from 35/35 to 75/35. Cost $5 more pm.

sonofsmog

Ontario, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit
reply to houkouonchi

Click for full size
And Bang.

jtavarez

join:2011-10-27
Plainfield, NJ

said by sonofsmog:

And Bang.

i did-those numbers are the same as before the tier upgrade
the 150/35 was fluffed to 154/72 before so basically it shows as advertised as opposed to the 40 mbits that was fluffed before

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2

1 edit
reply to sonofsmog

I opted to go to 75/35 and drop tv from Ultimate to Extreme. Bill should remain the same.

And now comes the fun, the checkout cart clearly indicates my $20 bundle discount would continue months 1-21, my confirmation email only indicates $5 discount....

Spawn026

Bradley Beach, NJ
reply to sonofsmog

so i pulled the trigger over the phone and was able to get the ultimate package with 150/65 down to 165 for a year. the modem was a $100 since i dont do contracts but they spread it out over a 3 month payment so I'd say thats a great deal. im paying now for everything they have to offer what my mother in law was paying for the most basic of comcast

sonofsmog

Ontario, CA

1 edit
reply to jtavarez

Ah your in Virginia. Was that tier available bundled in the NY/NJ/VA area before Today? I'm in Cali so I am pretty happy. Are you saying you ended up paying more for less or you didn't have it bundled or it dropped your price?

Benzima

join:2012-06-09
Murrieta, CA
reply to sonofsmog

Riddle me this, Batman.

Why do some people upgrading need a home visit or service call or installation which takes days or weeks while others gets their upgrade turned on in a few hours or even minutes?

guppy_fish
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by Benzima:

Riddle me this, Batman.

Why do some people upgrading need a home visit or service call or installation which takes days or weeks while others gets their upgrade turned on in a few hours or even minutes?

Simple, for anything over 100mbs , you have to use Ethernet and not coax/MOCA. Verizon also will install a Gigabit WAN/LAN router

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
reply to kes601

said by kes601:

I opted to go to 75/35 and drop tv from Ultimate to Extreme. Bill should remain the same.

And now comes the fun, the checkout cart clearly indicates my $20 bundle discount would continue months 1-21, my confirmation email only indicates $5 discount....

I'm thinking about doing the same thing as you, dropping down to Extreme and going up to 75/35 with my triple play which keeps my price the same. So I expect billing issues again.

Just make sure you print that out the on screen price and discounts. That's what happened to me earlier this year when I got an extremely low price. They kept saying there was no way I could get that. But luckily I had printed out the price and discounts. And it only took them three billing cycles to get everything right. Plus I got some extra discounts on top because of the annoyance of having to deal with them.

Three months was certainly better than a couple of years ago when it took them six months to get my billing straightened out.