Code Warrior
Premium Member
join:2000-11-06
Elgin, IL

StepR to jmdomini

Premium Member

to jmdomini

Re: Parking at Elgin Big Timber Metra?

Peope from Sycamore used to take Plank Road to US 20 and board the train at National Street in Elgin. National Street is just north of US 20 at Rt. 31 and has plenty of parking, especially before the 6:10 train. NAtional Street also has more trains stopping there. The fee is prepaid cash box. Bring quarters. I think it is $1.50.

jmdomini
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
Sycamore, IL

jmdomini

Premium Member

That's a good suggestion StepR, thanks. I'm surprised to see checking the distance in Google Maps that it's actually a few miles closer to go to National Street than Big Timber even though it's further east. I guess that jog north on either Rt. 47 or Randall Rd. to Big Timber negates the east west difference.
jmdomini

jmdomini to StepR

Premium Member

to StepR
Just wanted to say thanks again. Did my trip today via National St. and it worked out great. Google maps said it would take 45 minutes, so I allowed an hour to give time for getting lost. Ending up taking me 30 and had no problems finding the station or parking and was able to take an earlier train than planned. Took the 3:30 train home and only ran into some light traffic headed back to Sycamore.
said by StepR:

Peope from Sycamore used to take Plank Road to US 20 and board the train at National Street in Elgin. National Street is just north of US 20 at Rt. 31 and has plenty of parking, especially before the 6:10 train. NAtional Street also has more trains stopping there. The fee is prepaid cash box. Bring quarters. I think it is $1.50.