uniqs
share rss forum feed

brandon
Some truth included in this post.
Premium
join:2003-03-31
Hurley, MS
reply to MediacomChad

Re: Switching to mediacom today. What to expect?

pm sent.

GLIMMER

join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL
why did they not clean that up? looks like crap. is mediacom so cheap they did not include a NID to make that look cleaner.

brandon
Premium
Hurley, MS
said by GLIMMER:

why did they not clean that up? looks like crap. is mediacom so cheap they did not include a NID to make that look cleaner.

I had kind of expected one, to be honest.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:117
Glad I was able to assist you. Feel free to PM me any time you're experiencing service issues.

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2
reply to GLIMMER
SDUs are recommended but not required. Also we try not to put holes in brick walls unless absolutely necessary. Plus with all of the DirecTV wiring in that area I am not surprised he didn't install an SDU.

One thing I don't like is the way he installed the ground block. I sure hope he used some grease but I doubt it since they are always in a hurry to get the job done.

Leave the splitter in place. Default login page is

»192.168.100.1 and leave both user name and password blank. Make sure you change the channel frequency from auto to something else.

PS you should get rid of that gateway. Don't pay for wireless service just get a decent modem.
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

wth
Premium
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
said by Anonymous:

PS you should get rid of that gateway. Don't pay for wireless service just get a decent modem.

Just wait until after your 6 month promo price runs out, then buy a modem and then you'll save the $5/month charge.

brandon
Premium
Hurley, MS
This is probably what I'll do.