spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tkdslr
join:2004-04-24
Pompano Beach, FL

1 edit

tkdslr

I've traced the latest andriod/iphone scamware..

If you haven't gotten your iPhone, android phone nailed by one of those nasty JavaScript based,

"Congratulations!
You could win a prize!
Every afternoon we randomly select a Android user to be our lucky Weekly Contest winner. Based on today's random draw, you could be the winner! Todays prize is an iPad 2!

Act Fast! Please respond within . Else, we will award the iPad 2 to another user.

Step 1 : Click here to register. It takes only 30 seconds and is required.

Step 2 : Make sure to enter your valid mobile number.

Note: Please allow 24 hours for us to validate your cell phone number as part of our fraud protection service. "

plus many text variations. Some of them use IP location service to customize the message.. I.E. "Randomly selected cell phone winner in xxxx area.."

... It's only a matter of time, till you do get one..

Naturally, the pop up disables the back key and forces you click ok.. One usually must reboot phone to clear nasty, only to be taken over once another specially crafted advert executes.

here are the people responsible..
»p.bumbalee.com/ca/ and bumbalee.com

an excerpt..

". For complete Contest Rules, entry descriptions, prize descriptions and additional information go to www.bumbalee.com. Bumbalee is not affiliated with, sponsored or endorsed by any listed product, brand or retailer. The communicated prize is a registered trademark of its respective owner. To unsubscribe, text STOP to 99955. Support: ca@bumbalee.com or 877-411-0065 or text HELP to 99955. Mobile Minded BV, Meander 252, 6825 MC Arnhem, The Netherlands. "

hosting service..

allinonesoftware.com in Rotterdam, Netherlands..

So.. After talking to field agent of Secret Service, they don't want to be bothered, it's not their jurisdiction, and suggested I call the FBI... Instead, I think it's time for some world wide street justice, you know what I mean..
GraysonPeddi
Grayson Peddie
join:2010-06-28
Tallahassee, FL

GraysonPeddi

I don't browse the Internet in my Exhibit II 4G due to my 3.7" screen being too small. Not that often.
tkdslr
Pompano Beach, FL

tkdslr

This java based advert scam popped up while I was viewing Weather radar on wundergound.com, thus anyone can be a victim, any time, anywhere..

The javascript disables the back arrow.. I my case, the attacking/spamming domain.. Mobfreebies.com had been created(6/19/2012) on the same day they attacked my andriod.. So these scammers move real fast..

Jen
@verizon.net

Jen

Anon

I just received the same message from MobFreebies. I didn't proceed to any additional steps, but hit "OK" without thinking about it. Is the data on my phone compromised?

sNic23
@qwest.net

sNic23 to tkdslr

Anon

to tkdslr
Lovely. So how do you get rid of it? I've had it popping up for at least a week now. I must be extremely lucky today, I've seen it 4 times now. I just hit the "home" button because I don't know what else to do. I scanned with Lookout and it says "Everything is okay." I highly doubt that.
tkdslr
Pompano Beach, FL

tkdslr

Home will do it..

I found if I open another window, so that two or more browser windows are active at the same time, the default browser will allow you to close the infected window by touching the (x) in the upper right hand corner..

But, this is only temporary.. until the next redirect malware advert is delivered to your phone while browsing.. installing an ad blocking app would help to prevent re-infection.
tkdslr

tkdslr to Jen

to Jen
I don't think you data has been compromised, but I haven't fully analyzed this variant.. (and new ones pop up every day)

Is some public info about this scamware