uniqs
share rss forum feed

sltyler1

join:2012-05-17
Madison, WI

1 edit

[Wireless] Linksys EA2700 connection problem

Click for full size
Alright so I have a Linksys EA2700 that I have dualbanding with seperate SSID's cause my xbox wouldn't even pick up either when they were the same name.

I the settings set as the following.

5Ghz
Mixed
WPA2 Personal
40MHz only

2.4Ghz
Mixed
WPA2 Personal
20Mhz only

There are about 5 other routers that are on channel 11 that I can pickup with iStumbler. But that shouldn't matter cause channel 11 is non-repeat?

But anyways my room is probably about 10+ feet away from my router out in the livingroom. -College student in an apartment complex-

So can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong that my Xbox has a really hard time picking up the signal every so often. Cause I was on it last night playing fine and then today I can't pick up the signal. It varies from 3 bars on the Xbox to none at times. I'm guessing my wireless printer just has too weak of a wireless chip, but that was working the other day too and isn't really picking up the signal much either.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I have the normal recommended other settings flipped too like UPnP and such. This is driving me nuts. (in the picture mine are the Beer in my hand)

Thanks in advance!

sltyler1

join:2012-05-17
Madison, WI

2 edits
Click for full size
Btw I have this modem paired with it:

»www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007IM···_s00_i00

and I have Charter with 30Mbps.

would it be better if I upgraded to a linksys EA3500 or EA4500?

-----------
edit

Ended up taking the EA2700 back and swapping for the EA3500. Have it up and running and it's 100%. Just to show the signal strength difference for me I've posted another screen shot. Doesn't help the Xbox slim only came with a 2.4 chip

mb

join:2000-07-23
Washington, NJ
reply to sltyler1
This is off on a tangent, but, I had a variety of issues with the EA2700. I returned it and got a e4200v2 and voila, everything is good!

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
reply to sltyler1
Well if you want to upgrade routers you could always check out the EA4500 which is what I have and never had any trouble, or you could wait until the EA6500 is available in August.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
reply to sltyler1
Have you tried shifting to another channel? Like one that isn't used by any other network around you? I mean that would be what I would try first? Worse case would be to run a cable between the gaming system and the router.