how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Erin Pena

@reserver.ru
reply to Blackbird

Re: Apple granted patent to pollute data collected on you

Actually Apple put the patent on it so they could bury it, and nobody could use it. Sometimes patents are taken by major companies for suppression purposes. This I believe, is the case here, we won't hear about this again - it will simply drift off into oblivion like water powered cars, cancer healing devices, and mystery free energy inventions. So wave goodbye to the benevolent sounding technology.

DownTheShore
Honoring The Captain
Premium
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ
kudos:13
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

said by Erin Pena :

Actually Apple put the patent on it so they could bury it, and nobody could use it. Sometimes patents are taken by major companies for suppression purposes. This I believe, is the case here, we won't hear about this again - it will simply drift off into oblivion like water powered cars, cancer healing devices, and mystery free energy inventions. So wave goodbye to the benevolent sounding technology.

+1
--
Patriotism is not waving a flag, it is living the ideals

I want to retire to the Isle of Sodor and ride the trains.

Snowy
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Clearwire Wireless
·Time Warner Cable

said by DownTheShore:

said by Erin Pena :

+1

Aah, so this is like Google's "Don't be evil" code of ethics.
How's that been working out over the test of time?