spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

GF

@centurytel.net

Westell 7500 (CenturyLink) keeps rebooting

The Westell 7500 reboots multiple times per hour. I got CLink to replace it with another 7500 and the new one is doing the same thing. When I view the logs in the 7500 I consistently see the following log entries before it reboots:

Message: CWMP: Inform (0). The following events are true: 1 BOOT, 2 PERIODIC, 4 VALUE CHANGE

Jun 19 10:50:42 Severity: daemon.info Process: cwmpd[324]:
Message: CWMP: SSL Status = SSL Connection Succeeded, TCP Status = TCP Connected, Authentication Type = None

Jun 19 10:50:42 Severity: daemon.err Process: cwmpd[324]:

Message: SSL certificate validation failed for CPEMS.centurytel.net

Thanks for any help!

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:18
If you would like me to move this to our CenturyLink forum for some help, let me know and I can do this.

GF

@centurytel.net
Yes, that would be great. Thanks.

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:18
Off you go.

Good luck in getting this sorted out.

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to GF
What are the signal and connection stats in the MODEM?
--
"You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra

GF

@centurytel.net
It's as if I've turned off the 7500 and then turned it back on. The power light goes red, then green, then the other lights kick on as normal and all is well until the next reboot.

GF

@centurytel.net
reply to Irish Shark
The 7500 repowers. The power light goes red, then green, and then the other lights kick in as with a normal power up. Then all is well until the next reboot. It's basically as if I've shut off the modem and then turned it back on.

wall wart

@qwest.net
reply to GF
did you use the new power supply that came with the modem, or the same one?

GF

@centurytel.net
I used the new power supply, the new DSL cable, and even the new filter. I've also tried disconnecting my other devices (WD NAS and Sonos music bridge). Additionally, I've tried unplugging the 7500 from the surge protector and plugging it directly into the wall.

Prior to the 7500 I had an old Westell router (I forget the model) for years and it was rock solid. When it finally died it was replaced (by the tech) with the 7500. As soon as he got in his truck and left I had my first reboot. The only thing he did was swap out the old modem for the new 7500.

pppoe

@embarqhsd.net
reply to GF
Is it possible that the outlet you are plugged into shares a breaker with another high power device (Washing machine / Air Conditioner etc....)?

could it be that some other device is kicking in and effectively causing a brown out to your 7500?

You might try temporarily running plugging into an extension cord that is plugged into an outlet serviced by another breaker.

GF

@centurytel.net
I will try this and report back. Thanks.

GF

@centurytel.net
Solved. Thanks to all for your help. Much appreciated. The wall jack to the 7500 has a filter/splitter- one side DSL, the other voice. I disconnected the phone cord from the voice side of the filter/splitter- no help. Then I just removed the filter from the wall jack and plugged the DSL cord directly into the wall. That did it. It's been up solid for two days now. I moved the phone to another jack in another room, connected with a filter.

Apparently my wiring or CLinks wiring is degraded just enough to not support both the phone and the DSL. I don't think the filter was the problem because I had tried two different filters to no avail.

Thanks again!

omgcentury

@embarqhsd.net
reply to GF
im getting this now...no red light