join:2011-06-08
Markham, ON

rpnc to xero9

to xero9

Re: IPv6 beta

said by xero9:

Last question, I swear!

This is starting to make sense..

The only thing I'm confused about is when I set my router to do IPv6 over PPPoE I've discovered TekSavvy is pushing this 6to4 address to me (the 2001:: address). So I've concluded I need to use Static IP as the method. What I don't know is, how do I know what the default gateway address is? Short of guessing..

The rev E simulator doesn't have an input field for default gateway. It has an IP address field under PPPoE when you choose PPPoE and static IP. You can put an address from your /64 in there, such as "2607:f2c0:a0xx:xxxx::1". For user name, be sure to use your IPv6 username, such as xxxxx@hsiservice.net.
xero9
join:2001-11-29
Ajax, ON

xero9 to rpnc

to rpnc
Last question, I swear!

This is starting to make sense..

The only thing I'm confused about is when I set my router to do IPv6 over PPPoE I've discovered TekSavvy is pushing this 6to4 address to me (the 2001:: address). So I've concluded I need to use Static IP as the method. What I don't know is, how do I know what the default gateway address is? Short of guessing..
rpnc
join:2011-06-08
Markham, ON

rpnc to xero9

to xero9
The LAN IPv6 address setting is where you should put in your /56 even though it says /64. You only need a subset of your /56. Put in a value like "2607:f2c0:f0xx:xx00::1". The ::1 on the end chooses a specific IP address within your /56.
xero9
join:2001-11-29
Ajax, ON

xero9 to rpnc

to rpnc
Thanks so much for your help!

The strange thing is, I had TekSavvy's IPv6 set up originally, but now I can't get it to work since using HE.

I did what you said and picked PPPoE (which makes perfect sense to me). If you look at the DIR-615 Rev E simulator, you'll see in LAN IPv6 address setting, there is a 2002::: v6 IP. I tried setting that to the /64 that TekSavvy provided but it won't take. Every time it updates, it resets back to the original value.

I'm not seeing there to put the /56 address either.

Any help would be appreciated!