Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DanG1974

join:2005-06-26
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:1

[Tampa] Twitter App

Bright House sent out an e-mail a few days ago announcing a Twitter app available on certain DVR's. Has this rolled out yet? The e-mail seemed to imply that it was already available, but it hasn't showed up on on mine (Cisco 8742HDC) even after a reboot.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:151
Dan are you still in St Pete or have you moved? When you push the A button what happens?

DanG1974

Saint Petersburg, FL
Yes, I live in St. Pete. When I push the A button I get the same options I've always had, Movies On Demand, DVR List, Settings, etc... No Twitter listed there.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to DanG1974
Interesting... can you please open a direct forums thread and include the usual stuff I ask for so I can take a look at your boxes I have a hunch there might be a problem. Thanks

Art Deco

join:2011-04-27
I found the Twitter app under the "Premium Services" menu after hitting the "A" button but I haven't been able to get it to work; after entering my username & password it tells me it's "Logging on to Twitter" and after about 20 seconds I get the message "The connection with the server could not be established. Retry after sometime."

It's been like this since I got the email on Friday, and my box did reboot.

DanG1974

Saint Petersburg, FL
Same thing here. Though I didn't see the Twitter app until last night after BHNtechXpert reset my box.
Like you, mine is also listed under Premium Services and fails to connect after numerous attempts.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to DanG1974
Guys I need you to call this in so it can be properly trended. They have additional steps as well to assist you that I do not.

Cisco Kid

@bhn.net
reply to BHNtechXpert
In TampaBay area; I just attempted to logon to Twitter.....I got "Connection with server could not be established. Try after sometime"

Cisco kid

@bhn.net
reply to BHNtechXpert
I did select SAVE....as to ID and Password.....and would like to know how I can remove the Saved ID and Password. Whwn I re-open the App the ID and Password is present.

DanG1974

Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
I called in today. I was bounced around with 3 different operators and spent about an hour total on the phone. No one was able to solve my issue. I also had to explain to all 3 that the Twitter app was on the DVR and that this wasn't an Internet issue.

DanG1974

Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Cisco kid
Simple, just select username and then press the B button. Do the same step for removing the password.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to DanG1974
said by DanG1974:

I called in today. I was bounced around with 3 different operators and spent about an hour total on the phone. No one was able to solve my issue. I also had to explain to all 3 that the Twitter app was on the DVR and that this wasn't an Internet issue.

Open a direct forums thread and include your IP please. I want to see who you were speaking to. Thanks!
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

DanG1974

Saint Petersburg, FL
Another one? Can't you just open the one I did yesterday?

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX
kudos:6
reply to DanG1974
Intresting, I wonder if Time Warner will be doing the same thing

Cisco kid

@bhn.net
reply to DanG1974
Now hopefully we can get someone at BHN to get this to work....because DanG1974 didn't get it resolved by calling BHN. Hopefully someone will post an update letting us know why it is not working, or, what we must do to get it to connect

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to DanG1974
said by DanG1974:

Another one? Can't you just open the one I did yesterday?

Dan sorry....keep in mind I deal with a ton of people every day...
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Cisco kid
Cisco you aren't in Florida are you?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to DanG1974
All of those IN FLORIDA having problems using the Twitter App please open direct forums threads, include your IP address and I will be in touch.

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2
I must be missing something because I dont even see the option for it on mine

Cisco Kid

@bhn.net
reply to BHNtechXpert
I know; you asked those of us in Florida to post in the Direct Thread...but given it looks like this is a BHN issue....since there are others who are unable to Logon, my question....has anyone resolved this issue?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by Cisco Kid :

I know; you asked those of us in Florida to post in the Direct Thread...but given it looks like this is a BHN issue....since there are others who are unable to Logon, my question....has anyone resolved this issue?

We are investigating. If you wish to be part of this process I need you to register and create a direct forums thread. Thank you.
--

DanG1974

Saint Petersburg, FL
Has anyone gotten this to work yet? I'm still unable to.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to DanG1974
I just checked for a status update for you. Will advise when I get a response.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to DanG1974
We have identified the issue. It will be a bit before this is resolved and I will update you just as soon as the status changes. Thank you for being so patient.

DanG1974

Saint Petersburg, FL
Any updates yet? Tried again last night after several weeks of giving up and was surprised it still wasn't working.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to DanG1974
It's still a work in progress.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to DanG1974
The issue for the folks included in the current service area has been resolved. I'll update you as availability expands.

DanG1974

Saint Petersburg, FL
Great! I look forward to trying it out.

I would never use this while watching a TV show or movie, but this seems like it would be fun during sporting events or award shows.

DanG1974

Saint Petersburg, FL
I still haven't been able to connect.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to DanG1974
Thanks for the update. The original issue is fixed but it will be a bit before its available in all areas.