Premium
join:2008-07-18
Venice, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless

Why Timewarner Why ? WHY!?

let me repeat my self is WHY why timewarner why?

we are USA not Mexico...... *no offense*..

why i just ask why WHY WHY WHY

why cant timewarner have 100mbps or faster then 5mbps upload WHY!

......even comcast has faster uploads im so angry right now after seeing this video .......
ive lost hope in this company again im complaining because timewarner can't get with the future and upgrade to fiber *i dont care about how much it cost 250 instalation ill pay for fiber to the house but timewarner doesn't even offer it WHY!

heres an example of why im so upset

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qAyc-PK_oQ

yes i do complain alot but still ILL pay for the services why don't they care? like verizon does????

50/5 i don't care about the downstream i care about the upload

...10/10 id be happy with

20/20 EXTREMELY happy

50/50 Server hosting!!!!!!
100/100

Have people pay to use my home internet!

Why timewarner why the 5mbps upload cap WHY

comcast atleast 10mbps

DelmarPip
Premium
join:2011-10-15
Brownsville, TX

im waiting for the 100 dowload so i can order it

SanAntonioTx
Premium
join:2008-07-18
Venice, CA

same here i noticed your on SPI :P Verizon needs to deploy LTE there to.....so i can surf the net while im on the beach

Jabbu
Premium
join:2002-03-06

$$$

SHoTTa35

@optonline.net
reply to SanAntonioTx

Well since you are willing to pay why not get a Business connection?

I'm sure TWC will gladly give you a 1Gbps connection to your house if you are willing to pay for it too.

»www.twcbc.com/Texas/Products/Pro···ess.ashx

The problem with residential services is nobody else wants to pay those those prices so they wont roll it out system wide just for 1 person.

I can get a 10Gbps connection at my house too if i'm willing to pay the probably $100,000/month fee plus costs to run it here.

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO
reply to SanAntonioTx

I'm happy to have 50/5 unlimited available, but I do think this tier needs more upload. I strongly suspect that's a work in progress, NYC is already seeing signs of upstream bonding.

TWC has been lax on upgrading over the last couple years, no doubt about it. Even Charter got on DOCSIS 3 before TWC. I think their management was sulking when their attempt at brutally low caps blew up in their face. Now they're making good progress on the DOCSIS 3 rollout. Once done, they'll be able to offer faster speeds. Slow progress, yes, but we're moving in the right direction now.

As for Verizon FiOS - its great, but it's far from being available everywhere. Verizon didn't even roll it out fully in the city of Los Angeles. AT&T is not going to be in a position to beat even 50/5 for a long time. There's not a lot of competitive pressure for TW to increase speeds outside of FiOS's limited footprint.
--
AT&T U-Hearse - RIP Unlimited Internet 1995-2011
Rethink Billable.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX
kudos:6
reply to SanAntonioTx

you can't expect them to upgrade everything overnight, it takes something called "time"
--
»www.akaskriller.com - Your ultimate source for all android needs.

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:15
reply to SanAntonioTx

Click for full size
said by SanAntonioTx:

ive lost hope in this company again im complaining because timewarner can't get with the future and upgrade to fiber *i dont care about how much it cost 250 instalation ill pay for fiber to the house but timewarner doesn't even offer it WHY!

TWC has direct fiber internet connections available in your area:
From 5mbps to 1 Gbps symmetrical.

I guarantee you won't pay for it though... Your $250 offer for installation? That's a drop in the bucket to get dedicated fiber to you.
--
If it's important, back it up... twice. Even 99.999% availability isn't enough sometimes.

Nick21

join:2010-02-03
New York, NY
reply to SanAntonioTx

50/5 is pretty modest, 10 minutes north of me people have 101/15 for the same price as my 50/5. I'd love to see TWC launch 100/15 but even 50/10 would be good.

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO

50/5 is pretty modest, 10 minutes north of me people have 101/15 for the same price as my 50/5.

TWC doesn't compete with Cablevision, so what Cablevision does is irrelevant to Time Warner cable.

Verizon is the only direct competitor that's offering something better than what TWC has.
--
AT&T U-Hearse - RIP Unlimited Internet 1995-2011
Rethink Billable.

Nick21

join:2010-02-03
New York, NY

Oh I know, just wishful thinking. I know how competition works

nephipower

join:2012-02-20
San Antonio, TX
reply to SanAntonioTx

I know it is certainly disappointing to not have the option to get much faster upload speeds for residential services but is it really that big of a deal to get "so upset" over?

I don't get me wrong, I definitely love having crazy fast internet but I think you are getting too worked up over things.

I am certainly disappointed of not having more choices for faster speeds but things could definitely be worse.

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:8

1 edit
reply to SHoTTa35

I'm sure TWC will gladly give you a 1Gbps connection to your house if you are willing to pay for it too.

HAH. No, no they won't. TWC "BC" is EXACTLY the same as TWC "Residential" -- same network, same cable, same technology. The metro-ethernet connections are provided by Time Warner Telecom (aka TWTC.) While they share "TW" in their names, they are independent companies.

Yes, I've had numerous conversations with the Time Warners.

[Edit: Back to the OP... there are technological reasons for the 5Mbps limit, namely the maximum number of bits they can shove in an upstream channel -- which is approx. 10M. Until they roll out DOCSIS 3 encoding and channel bonding, higher speeds will not be offered. Can they? Sure, but it has catastrophic effects on everyones download speeds.]

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:15

1 edit

said by cramer:

HAH. No, no they won't. TWC "BC" is EXACTLY the same as TWC "Residential" -- same network, same cable, same technology. The metro-ethernet connections are provided by Time Warner Telecom (aka TWTC.) While they share "TW" in their names, they are independent companies.

Maybe in NC, but certainly not in CA and I'm sure alot of other places. Some of the same network, not the same cable, not the same technology, and absolutely not TWTC.

This is probably true in any area that isn't "legacy" TWC. So if the area was previously Adelphia or Comcast, TWTC has little, if any infrastructure, co-mingled with the existing cable infrastructure.
--
If it's important, back it up... twice. Even 99.999% availability isn't enough sometimes.

Jabbu
Premium
join:2002-03-06
reply to cramer

said by cramer:

TWC "BC" is EXACTLY the same as TWC "Residential" -- same network, same cable, same technology.

It is FAR from "exactly" the same.

warlock56
Premium
join:2002-07-31
Arlington, TX
reply to SHoTTa35

said by SHoTTa35 :

The problem with residential services is nobody else wants to pay those those prices so they wont roll it out system wide just for 1 person.

I can get a 10Gbps connection at my house too if i'm willing to pay the probably $100,000/month fee plus costs to run it here.

Gonna have to go with +1 on this. Not even 500 feet from my house is a Verizon cell tower. This tower's network connection is provided by none other than TWC, business class. I can see the single mode fiber hanging on the pole. The color indicates a 10Gig fiber line, but whether or not they're actually piping 10Gig is another story.

The point is if you're willing to pony up the money like you claim to get better speeds, there are ALWAYS options. My feeling is you're only willing to pony up the money for similar residential package prices.

Yes, you do complain a lot.
--
The moment the idea is admitted into society, that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence. -John Adams, 1787

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Frontier Communi..
reply to SHoTTa35

said by SHoTTa35 :

+1 as well. It's pretty expensive but if you pay they will hook you up. At work we have 160+Gbps of connectivity coming in from Time Warner as one of the bandwidth providers. The fiber lines were by no means cheap as the location my office is located at was serviced by nothing more than DSL if that could even be obtained. Time Warner had to run Fiber out to the place which had a pretty big price tag associated with it, in addition to Verizon (with some kicking and screaming) and a bunch of other providers as no Fiber was around for at least a mile. Not to mention, getting that many strands out there too also cost a bit as the local infrastructure required beefing up. If you pay, it will come right away. The cost for bandwidth is through the roof, but $/megabit is pretty darn cheap once everything else is paid for. Couple cents per megabit I believe is what it's running.

Also, many of the towers out here if they're not on Verizon or Frontier T1 lines, or are fortunate enough to be around a Telco Fiber line are fed off of Time Warner Fiber circuits. Time Warner seems to have more fiber coverage in this area over the Telco anyways for business circuits. Fiber's on practically every street going to cable nodes as it is, but I'm sure they have different uses.
Expand your moderator at work