uniqs
share rss forum feed

Viper677
Certified Home Inspector

join:2012-03-22
Toronto
reply to telco_mtl

Re: Respect to experts

we are there for the potential home owner to see if there are any possible issues, ...

You are not correct, perhaps you should consider mentoring someone experienced like myself for a few inspections till you get this correct. You are looking for current issue NOT possible issues (well that too but the focus is on what is there NOW).

i have seen the good the bad and the ugly.

You seem to be new in business and for you to target an experienced home inspector and calling yourself someone who has seen 'the good the bad and the ugly' is an overstatement.
--
Certified Home Inspector
Certified Level 1 Thermographer

telco_mtl

join:2012-01-06
said by Viper677:

we are there for the potential home owner to see if there are any possible issues, ...

You are not correct, perhaps you should consider mentoring someone experienced like myself for a few inspections till you get this correct. You are looking for current issue NOT possible issues (well that too but the focus is on what is there NOW).

i have seen the good the bad and the ugly.

You seem to be new in business and for you to target an experienced home inspector and calling yourself someone who has seen 'the good the bad and the ugly' is an overstatement.

when i said the good bad and ugly i never targeted home inspectors if i was unclear i am sorry, i meant from when i was working on jobsites as a laborer for an electrican and a plumber, i was not reffering to inspectors.
as for current issues, yes, that is the reason that i always include the temperature, season, conditions (snow, mud etc) on a report as things can change from day to day. But possible issues that could crop up are always somthing to include if you mention they need to be monitored. Roof that is getting on in years, may not need replacing right away but should be monitored etc.

same thing goes for drainage, I may come by on a warm july day, ground is dry, no signs of water infiltration, but a visual shows the lot is graded towards the house, you will include a mention that drainage may be an issue,