Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102 to tmc8080

Premium Member

to tmc8080

Re: Wow...

I couldn't care less who gets impacted... I dropped cable TV after they insisted I pay just south of a car payment for service. No can do.
jvanbrecht
join:2007-01-08
Bowie, MD

jvanbrecht

What kind of car are you driving.. Just south of a car payment for me would have me practically owning a station after my 5 year loan is up.. okay so maybe not quite owning.. but I do not know too many cars that are in the $150 to $250 range, which I am guessing is the avg cable bill in most houses..

My car payment is close to $800....
Terabit
join:2008-12-19

Terabit to pnh102

to pnh102
said by pnh102:

I dropped cable TV after they insisted I pay just south of a car payment for service. No can do.

I finally agree with you regarding this point.

I couldn't care less who gets impacted...

Very republican response. Just ironic that you guys want to 'borrow' and waste trillions upon trillions 'defending' the very same nation and people you 'do not care' about. Well imbecilic actually.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList to jvanbrecht

Premium Member

to jvanbrecht
is $150-250 an acceptable price for cable tv these days? yikes?!

pnh102
Premium Member
Mount Airy, MD

1 recommendation

pnh102 to Terabit

Premium Member

to Terabit
said by Terabit:

Very republican response. Just ironic that you guys want to 'borrow' and waste trillions upon trillions 'defending' the very same nation and people you 'do not care' about. Well imbecilic actually.

I'm sorry, but your president is an absolute complete and total failure at just about everything. When we finally recover from this protracted depression, have more people employed again, get the national debt under control (I'm even being generous by not listing other problems that this idiot caused or exacerbated), then you can lecture me about politics.

Heck, we can just start by having your failure of a president not blame Bush for everything he can't do. We'll go from there.
pnh102

pnh102 to jvanbrecht

Premium Member

to jvanbrecht
said by jvanbrecht:

My last car payment was $300 a month. My last cable bill with the TV included was $170 a month. To me, "car payment territory" is $200 a month and higher.

David
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

David to jvanbrecht

Premium Member

to jvanbrecht
said by jvanbrecht:

Man your car is more expensive than 2 of the payments on my pre-owned vehicles. I barely hit 2/3rds of that.
desarollo
join:2011-10-01
Monroe, MI

1 recommendation

desarollo to pnh102

to pnh102
said by pnh102:

I'm sorry, but your president is an absolute complete and total failure at just about everything. When we finally recover from this protracted depression, have more people employed again, get the national debt under control (I'm even being generous by not listing other problems that this idiot caused or exacerbated), then you can lecture me about politics.

I'd buy that he's a failure if the Republican Congress didn't impede everything he tried to do. When those SOB's in Congress hold up unemployment benefits so the wealthy can have tax cuts, something is terribly, terribly wrong with the moral compass on conservatives.

All I hear is bitching about the debt, but no one bitched when the majority of the debt was run up under Republicans.

Finally, lest we forget what flavor the president was when the bubble was inflating? The economy was destroyed on your team's watch and you have the nerve to bitch that it isn't being fixed quickly enough all the while conservatives stand in the way?
slckusr
Premium Member
join:2003-03-17
Greenville, SC

1 recommendation

slckusr

Premium Member

Just think if the media didnt drive you guys so far apart, you might be able to work together and make the whole world a better place.

Of course unity is not what politicians want, because then we might actually do something about the fact they work against us.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
Netgear WNDR3700v2
Zoom 5341J

KrK to pnh102

Premium Member

to pnh102
said by pnh102:

When we finally recover from this protracted depression, have more people employed again, get the national debt under control

You'd have to get rid of the vast majority of Republicans for these things ever to happen.

Rangersfan
@sbcglobal.net

Rangersfan to ArrayList

Anon

to ArrayList
said by ArrayList:

is $150-250 an acceptable price for cable tv these days? yikes?!

No, not at all. The average pay TV bill is now $86.

»www.multichannel.com/art ··· nth_.php
Rangersfan

Rangersfan to pnh102

Anon

to pnh102
said by pnh102:

My last car payment was $300 a month. My last cable bill with the TV included was $170 a month. To me, "car payment territory" is $200 a month and higher.

You were paying $170 just for pay TV? My goodness, what TV service did you have?

pnh102
Premium Member
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102

Premium Member

said by Rangersfan :

You were paying $170 just for pay TV? My goodness, what TV service did you have?

TV and Internet. I had a DVR box and HD too.

I'm a stickler for HD. If it isn't in HD I am not going to pay to watch it.

Rangerfan
@sbcglobal.net

Rangerfan

Anon

said by pnh102:

said by Rangersfan :

TV and Internet. I had a DVR box and HD too.

I'm a stickler for HD. If it isn't in HD I am not going to pay to watch it.

Ok. Then your comment was misleading. You weren't paying $170 for cable TV. You paying that amount for cable TV AND internet.

Redlight
Rarr
join:2001-12-01
Bridgeport, OH

Redlight to pnh102

to pnh102
I too could care less who gets impacted. Why should I supplement channels I don't watch? I already give enough of my income to people that think they are "special" or discriminated against.

If we need or want these special channels then make them online only or offer a subscription package for these extra channels.

Out of 100+ channels I watch 25 at the most. The rest are garbage yet I still pay for them. If I want one channel in the next tier then I have to pay for all those channels in that tier. That sounds like a load of crap to me.
FastLearner
join:2003-09-14
Arvada, CO

1 edit

FastLearner to desarollo

to desarollo
Republican Congress?
There was a Democrat controlled House and Senate the first two years for Obama’s Presidency. Also the Democrats enjoyed a filibuster proof voting majority with the Democrat voting independents.
BosstonesOwn
join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA

BosstonesOwn to David

to David
I pay 900 for 2 new cars... Not like im driving new infinitis any more but geezzzz ain't no way im paying more then 150 for cable or 450 for a car.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt to jvanbrecht

Premium Member

to jvanbrecht
said by jvanbrecht:

What kind of car are you driving.. Just south of a car payment for me would have me practically owning a station after my 5 year loan is up.. okay so maybe not quite owning.. but I do not know too many cars that are in the $150 to $250 range, which I am guessing is the avg cable bill in most houses..

In the last thirty years I've never had a car payment higher than $250. And I don't see that trend ending anytime soon for me. I would rather spend the money on something I enjoy instead of on a car. Just like I wish a la carte would arrive so I could dump ESPN.
ptb42
join:2002-09-30
USA

ptb42 to desarollo

to desarollo
said by desarollo:

All I hear is bitching about the debt, but no one bitched when the majority of the debt was run up under Republicans.

Go back and look at the history of the federal budget deficit in the past 30 years. Compare how it changed from year to year (increased or decreased) to which party controlled the House of Representatives.

Once you have done that, come back and try to repeat what I quoted above with a straight face. If you can, you are a better liar than most.

I'll give you a hint: with only a few exceptions, the annual deficit declined when one party controlled the House, and increased (sometimes spectacularly) when the other party controlled the House.

FLATLINE
join:2007-02-27
Buffalo, NY

FLATLINE to Terabit

to Terabit
This has nothing to do with politics. Quite frankly there are enough people in these so called Minorities to pay for said channels. If those channels fail its simply because they couldnt sustain themselves.

On the other end whats to stop them from just creating channels for the sake of creating them and forcing us to pay? Oh wait! Thats exactly what they have been doing.
john262
join:2003-09-26
Elko, NV

john262 to pnh102

to pnh102
Amen brother.

And I don't want to pay extra for my cable TV bill either in order to support niche channels for minorities. If they want those channels let them pay for it.
john262

john262 to desarollo

to desarollo
The economic crisis of 2008 had nothing to do with Bush. Actually, any president has very little influence over the economy. The Federal Reserve Chairman has more power in that area than the president does.

FLATLINE
join:2007-02-27
Buffalo, NY

FLATLINE

Good point but I dont think hes talking about the economy but more the spending habits of our government. Bush was in large part responsible for the extreme accumulation of debt after taking office with a government holding very little debt. War is expensive. Do you have idea what those bombs and missiles cost they spread all over Afphganistan and Iraq?

michieru
Premium Member
join:2009-07-25
Denver, CO

michieru to pnh102

Premium Member

to pnh102
You should considering that right now Comcast pays for the groceries for these families. If they were to lose the jobs that you don't care about then it will come out of welfare.

This matter isn't as simple as it seems but yes we should get what "we" the consumer want. Of course we cannot ignore that because this is not a necessity and I am sure you will agree cable isn't. Then we shouldn't have to regulate the TV industry because that's the conservative thing to do.

I say let it be and have consumers speak with their wallets and let the blood bath continue. Eventually something will give way and when it does I can see the TV industry losing because at one point or another, bare necessities is more important than cable TV.

Recession? If you can afford a $250 cable bill... cry me a river.

Fronkman
An Apple a day keeps the doctor away
Premium Member
join:2003-06-23
Saint Louis, MO

Fronkman to pnh102

Premium Member

to pnh102
said by pnh102:

I'm sorry, but your president is an absolute complete and total failure at just about everything.

You mean our President? He is the President of the ENTIRE United States. Unless you want to go down the path of secession again, since THAT worked out so well the last time...
Fronkman

Fronkman to pnh102

Premium Member

to pnh102
said by pnh102:

I'm sorry, but your president is an absolute complete and total failure at just about everything.

You mean our President?

He is the President of the ENTIRE United States. Unless you want to go down the path of secession again, since THAT worked out so well the last time...
Fronkman

Fronkman to michieru

Premium Member

to michieru
said by michieru:

You should considering that right now Comcast pays for the groceries for these families. If they were to lose the jobs that you don't care about then it will come out of welfare.

I absolutely DETEST this kind of logic. Comcast doesn't buy people groceries! Those people go to WORK everyday and Comcast compensates them for their time and effort. If these people didn't show up to work, Comcast would have nothing to sell. Your phrasing makes it sound like the salaries are just some sort of charity for useless people.

This is in the same vein as calling rich people "job creators" instead of just "rich people." Do you know what creates jobs? Not CEOs, DEMAND creates jobs.