Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jvanbrecht

join:2007-01-08
Bowie, MD
reply to pnh102

Re: Wow...

What kind of car are you driving.. Just south of a car payment for me would have me practically owning a station after my 5 year loan is up.. okay so maybe not quite owning.. but I do not know too many cars that are in the $150 to $250 range, which I am guessing is the avg cable bill in most houses..

My car payment is close to $800....

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
join:2005-03-19
Brighton, MA
is $150-250 an acceptable price for cable tv these days? yikes?!

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD
reply to jvanbrecht
said by jvanbrecht:

My last car payment was $300 a month. My last cable bill with the TV included was $170 a month. To me, "car payment territory" is $200 a month and higher.
--
Romney 2012 - Put an adult in charge.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
reply to jvanbrecht
said by jvanbrecht:

Man your car is more expensive than 2 of the payments on my pre-owned vehicles. I barely hit 2/3rds of that.

Rangersfan

@sbcglobal.net
reply to ArrayList
said by ArrayList:

is $150-250 an acceptable price for cable tv these days? yikes?!

No, not at all. The average pay TV bill is now $86.

»www.multichannel.com/article/482···nth_.php

Rangersfan

@sbcglobal.net
reply to pnh102
said by pnh102:

My last car payment was $300 a month. My last cable bill with the TV included was $170 a month. To me, "car payment territory" is $200 a month and higher.

You were paying $170 just for pay TV? My goodness, what TV service did you have?

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD
said by Rangersfan :

You were paying $170 just for pay TV? My goodness, what TV service did you have?

TV and Internet. I had a DVR box and HD too.

I'm a stickler for HD. If it isn't in HD I am not going to pay to watch it.
--
Romney 2012 - Put an adult in charge.

Rangerfan

@sbcglobal.net
said by pnh102:

said by Rangersfan :

TV and Internet. I had a DVR box and HD too.

I'm a stickler for HD. If it isn't in HD I am not going to pay to watch it.

Ok. Then your comment was misleading. You weren't paying $170 for cable TV. You paying that amount for cable TV AND internet.

BosstonesOwn

join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to David
I pay 900 for 2 new cars... Not like im driving new infinitis any more but geezzzz ain't no way im paying more then 150 for cable or 450 for a car.
--
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt......and then it's absolutely friggin' hysterical!"

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
reply to jvanbrecht
said by jvanbrecht:

What kind of car are you driving.. Just south of a car payment for me would have me practically owning a station after my 5 year loan is up.. okay so maybe not quite owning.. but I do not know too many cars that are in the $150 to $250 range, which I am guessing is the avg cable bill in most houses..

In the last thirty years I've never had a car payment higher than $250. And I don't see that trend ending anytime soon for me. I would rather spend the money on something I enjoy instead of on a car. Just like I wish a la carte would arrive so I could dump ESPN.