how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ctaranto

join:2011-12-14
MA
reply to More Fiber

Re: Three router setup, remote DVR not working...

said by More Fiber:

What is the LAN subnet of the Actiontec? It must be different from the primary LAN subnet.

The LAN of the Actiontec isn't used so I don't recall what it was.
said by More Fiber:

The primary's LAN address and the WAN address of the secondary router are the same. 192.168.2.101 in the FAQ diagram.

The FAQ diagram shows the primary LAN address to be 192.168.2.1 and the secondary WAN address to be 192.168.2.101.
said by ctaranto:

I tried putting the Actiontec back in front of everything and it now won't get an IP with either the original Actiontec MAC or cloning the primary router default MAC. I assume I'd have to wait up to 2 hours for the lease of the current assignment to expire (or call up Verizon to kill the lease).

said by More Fiber:

That's depends on whether you are able to release the WAN DHCP lease on the ASUS before putting the Actiontec back.

Releasing from the Asus didn't matter. I tried it many times to no avail. But the 2 hour waiting period did work.

I'm going to get everything working with the Actiontec as primary (again). I'll then give it a go again and see what happens.

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:31
said by ctaranto:

The LAN of the Actiontec isn't used

That's incorrect. The LAN of the Actiontec is used for the STBs via the coax (MOCA).
said by ctaranto:

The FAQ diagram shows the primary LAN address to be 192.168.2.1 and the secondary WAN address to be 192.168.2.101.

Correct. What I was trying to say was that the primary's LAN address for the secondary and the secondary's WAN address are the same. i.e. 192.168.2.101.
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.