spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kshusker

join:2009-10-12

Thats's more then most violent criminals get

He should have robbed a convenience store with a gun. Probably would have gotten a lighter sentence.

Not saying he didn't deserve some kind of punishment (how about a massive, massive fine and a sh*tload of community service) but putting someone in prison amongst rapists and murderers for a non-violent, essentially victimless crime is overkill.

kpfx

join:2005-10-28
San Antonio, TX

1 edit

Re: Thats's more than most violent criminals get

said by kshusker:

He should have robbed a convenience store with a gun. Probably would have gotten a lighter sentence.

Sigh.... no.

AGGRAVATED ROBBERY is a 1st degree felony which gets 5-years to life.

»www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/D···tm#29.03

and

»www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/D···tm#12.32

So compared to those robbers, rapists, and murders... 3 years with eligibility for probation is a walk in the park.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1
said by kpfx:

said by kshusker:

Sigh.... no.

AGGRAVATED ROBBERY is a 1st degree felony which gets 5-years to life.

»www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/D···tm#29.03

and

»www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/D···tm#12.32

So compared to those robbers, rapists, and murders... 3 years with eligibility for probation is a walk in the park.

But I do understand what he's saying some of them go crazy like 10 years over this and shooting someone gets far less.. makes you wonder :-/
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

LG is NOT Lifes Good It's Lucky Goldstar!

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
reply to kshusker

Re: Thats's more then most violent criminals get

Why should he?? according to the way the corps get punished, and as I see it, this guy got about 400K from his profits.. so maybe he should just get about a $20,000 fine and a slap on the wrists. Isn't that about the same punishment the likes of Comcast gets when they rape the customer or public?