Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

wa2ibm
Premium
join:2000-10-10
San Jose, CA
reply to Robotics

Re: Cable Wrapped Around Power Line (again)

I would make darn sure that the ground block that's supposed to be at your end of the cable drop is properly grounded with a large guage wire (I'd use #6). The ground is required by code. Thus, if the insulation on the outside of the coax should be damaged AND short to a hot wire on the power drop (also with damaged insulation), then the only thing that should happen is the cable goes POOF. All current should be shunted to ground through the ground block. Might make a good show.

Other than that, my only other suggestion is the suspended weight thing suggested above by pokesph.
--
- Bill

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA
said by wa2ibm:

I would make darn sure that the ground block that's supposed to be at your end of the cable drop is properly grounded with a large guage wire (I'd use #6). The ground is required by code. Thus, if the insulation on the outside of the coax should be damaged AND short to a hot wire on the power drop (also with damaged insulation), then the only thing that should happen is the cable goes POOF. All current should be shunted to ground through the ground block. Might make a good show.

Other than that, my only other suggestion is the suspended weight thing suggested above by pokesph.

It appears to be #6. And I agree on the suspended weight.
I just might see what I can do about doing that.
--
Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry,
and all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be.