share rss forum feed

Lurch77
Premium
join:2001-11-22
Oconto, WI
kudos:4

1 recommendation

reply to nonamesleft

Re: What country are sharp window air conditioners made?

You can find a lot of things made in the USA if you look hard enough. The problem is the typical consumer simply wants the cheapest shit made, quality or origin be damned. This is easy to see by how packed every Walmart parking lot is. The subject of garden spray nozzles has come up here in this forum a few times. You absolutely cannot find one made in the USA unless you look around the internet. No local retailers carry them.

On a side note, I have noticed Home Depot has started carrying more and more USA made items. Also, this is not a dig against the Chinese people, I know for a fact those people can make some quality stuff. The problem lies with the companies that demand the cheapest specs on their products they have built over there.

nonamesleft

join:2011-11-07
Manitowoc, WI

I go past walmart and it often seems like no one ever leaves! Do people live in that place?

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2
reply to Lurch77

said by Lurch77:

You can find a lot of things made in the USA if you look hard enough. The problem is the typical consumer simply wants the cheapest shit made, quality or origin be damned.

Personally, I prefer quality over low-cost, but I often can't afford it.... :-(

When I do find "Made in USA" stuff, I'm pleasantly surprised. I remember buying those giant storage tubs (Rubbermaid, I think) at Walmart, yes, Walmart, and they were made in the USA.