uniqs
share rss forum feed

joetaxpayer
I'M Here Till Thursday

join:2001-09-07
Sudbury, MA
reply to NHHD99

Re: Xfinity with TiVo Premiere XL4

Yes, 4 shows at once. In fact, the natural state of the TiVo is for "suggestions" to be turned on. So a few days in, I had 80 shows in that folder. I realized it 'cause all 4 record lights were on when I knew I only had one recording. It was working on suggestions. Simple menu choice, turned it off.

And the XL4 has VOD rolling out. That also works well after Comcast properly pairs the cable card.

neufuse

join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA

I thought the Comcast Tivo VOD agreement was IP transmission only? aka used the internet not a QAM channel

joetaxpayer
I'M Here Till Thursday

Sudbury, MA

said by neufuse:

I thought the Comcast Tivo VOD agreement was IP transmission only? aka used the internet not a QAM channel

I'd be happy to look into this, how would I tell which method is used? All I know is that it's a menu item on the TiVo now, and seems to work well so far. My area is up and running with it.

neufuse

join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

*scratches head* well start a VOD video and disconnect the coax cable, if its IP then the video will keep playing, if its coax, if the tivo has a 3-10 second buffer, after that the video will stop

do you have to enter a comcast username / pass into the tivo to watch VOD? I don't have the newest Tivo box yet so I'm not seeing it on my current tivo's

joetaxpayer
I'M Here Till Thursday

Sudbury, MA

said by neufuse:

*scratches head* well start a VOD video and disconnect the coax cable, if its IP then the video will keep playing, if its coax, if the tivo has a 3-10 second buffer, after that the video will stop

do you have to enter a comcast username / pass into the tivo to watch VOD? I don't have the newest Tivo box yet so I'm not seeing it on my current tivo's

? Did I really ask that? I've spent 6 hours in the last week reading screens off the cablecard setup, so my brain is fried. Yes, it's IP. I started a show, pulled the ethernet cable and show stopped, error message came on.

No entering anything, the paired card identifies you, and your account has to be authorized for VOD, through the billing department it seems.

joetaxpayer
I'M Here Till Thursday

Sudbury, MA
reply to neufuse

said by neufuse:

start a VOD video and disconnect the coax cable, if its IP then the video will keep playing, if its coax, if the tivo has a 3-10 second buffer, after that the video will stop

Ok. Now I'm really scratching my head. Back to VOD, I pull the coax and it stops. It needs both connections to run. I am betting the stream itself is over the coax, since that's how their boxes do it. I'm not running any local router meter SW else I'd check that to see if the traffic is there.