Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
reply to rej4sl

Re: New Guides for SA/Cisco Areas (Info from Ted Hodgins Blog)

I still think its stupid that people are being forced to upgrade DVR boxes which contain their recordings just to get an update for their guide.

rej4sl

join:2008-07-11
Minneapolis, MN
Yup it is silly. No idea what we are getting as they are very tight lipped about it. So will find out what happens on Monday. They should be able to update the current boxes to the new software but maybe in the future they will do that.

Floppy

join:2002-07-03
Yup, lets get out the pitch forks and go down to the local offices.

It's funny to see people get pissed off over trivial crap....surely there isn't a technical reason why the current boxes cannot be upgraded to the new software.

rej4sl

join:2008-07-11
Minneapolis, MN
reply to rej4sl
I just had a call from another supervisor and it looks like they are converting us to any room DVR which sounds intriguing as we only have on DVR box. I am sure they will upgrade all boxes in the future to the software - can't see why not. Maybe this is the only way at the moment to get it.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
reply to Floppy
I'm sure there is too, I just was looking forward to the customers who rent the boxes getting a really good interface without having to lose all of their recordings by swapping out the box with no way of knowing what they are getting back.