spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gr8pumpkin

join:2005-08-21

[Availability] line dropping frequently

I have been having issues with my connectivity dropping several times a day for a while now. I have changed routers and even bought a separate modem. Recently I upgraded my service thinking it could be that I was just passing too much traffic. Now it is still dropping several times a day. I am hoping someone can help test and troubleshoot.

Thanks,
Randy

evjj
It's Character Forming

join:2000-12-23
Los Angeles, CA

Having the same problem, I hope someone can help.

public

join:2002-01-19
Santa Clara, CA
reply to gr8pumpkin

said by gr8pumpkin:

I have been having issues with my connectivity dropping several times a day for a while now.

Begin by posting dsl stats from the modem.

gr8pumpkin

I have attached a screen shot in pdf format, is this what you are looking for?
Thanks,
Randy

public

Santa Clara, CA

said by gr8pumpkin:

I have attached a screen shot in pdf format, is this what you are looking for?
Thanks,
Randy

Your modem shows full speed sync with good noise margin.
Can you get this data when the problem occurs?

gr8pumpkin

I took this right after the connection dropped. I do not know if this helps but I have a Network Monitor and when the connection drops, it is only the download speed but the upload speed remains normal.

Thanks

public

Santa Clara, CA

said by gr8pumpkin:

I took this right after the connection dropped. I do not know if this helps but I have a Network Monitor and when the connection drops, it is only the download speed but the upload speed remains normal.

Line stats continue to be excellent.
When you say connection drops, do you mean resync, or some sites are not accessible?

gr8pumpkin

How can I tell its a resync? When the connection drops I can not connect to any sites.

gr8pumpkin

The drops usually last a few seconds to over a minute and can happen once every 10 - 15mins. As you can imagine this can be very frustrating. When this happens, there is no sign of "connection has been disconnected". When loading a webpage or playing a game online this seems to be occurring more often.

Please help, Thanks

Confuzzle

join:2007-11-21
California

I live in Los Angeles County and after nearly 2 years of maxed out speeds and no hassles my connection started randomly dropping much like yours. If you have an ATT 2wire router I suggest you connect it and log into the DSL Diagnostics page to have a look, It turns out most of my disconnections were being caused by some timing issue (exit code CRC_MISMATCH or something) that was taken care of right over the phone this Wednesday morning. Now all that's left to solve is my high latency, horrible upload speed, and fluctuating download.

NWTSCL

join:2009-06-07
reply to gr8pumpkin

I was having the same problem, so called AT&T tech support. Their automated line test noticed a problem when I first called in, as did the front line support tech who first answered my call. A rip & rebuild fixed the disconnect problem.