how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

soapy

@wideopenwest.com

wow internet down

july 4,2012 wow internet up & down for the last three days,
before that my internet was down for 6 days from 20 june 2012 to 26june2012, have called several times, their service stinks nobody there knows what to do

kingofspain

join:2012-06-27
Naperville, IL
Someone in my subdivision has been down for 3 days from wow internet.

I had one UltraTV modem freeze this week which required a reboot.

Besides that no 30 seconds to 5 minutes internet freezes this week. Not sure if the where the freezes are, UltraTV modem, Wow Gateway, or first hop.

WOW_Dan
Premium
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:35
reply to soapy
said by soapy :

july 4,2012 wow internet up & down for the last three days,
before that my internet was down for 6 days from 20 june 2012 to 26june2012, have called several times, their service stinks nobody there knows what to do

If your service has been down that long, you need to have a service tech come out. You should call customer service and set up an appointment.
--
Dan Della Terza
WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone
Network Operations Center

soapy

@wideopenwest.com
I HAVE CALLED AND SET UP A APPOINTMENT : WOW CALLED AND SAID THAT THEY HAD DOWNLOADED NEW SOFTWARE TO THE MODEM(WHICH IS THEIRS) AND CANCELLED THE APPOINTMENT, IT WORKED FOR 1 DAY AND THEN THE SAME THING

Graz

join:2011-10-12
Elgin, IL
No reason to yell.

My whole service has been down all day. Wife called and they said all of Midwest is down. Anyone else having these problems? I mean no tv or internet at all.

baess

join:2011-01-28
said by Graz:

My whole service has been down all day. Wife called and they said all of Midwest is down. Anyone else having these problems? I mean no tv or internet at all.

Nope. Not sure why they said that but obviously it isn't the "whole Midwest".

WOW_Dan
Premium
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:35
reply to Graz
said by Graz:

No reason to yell.

I can assure you the midwest is not down. We have no widespread outages at this time, only weather/power related issues in areas where the heavy storms went through over the past week.
--
Dan Della Terza
WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone
Network Operations Center

RootWyrm

join:2011-05-09
said by WOW_Dan:

I can assure you the midwest is not down. We have no widespread outages at this time, only weather/power related issues in areas where the heavy storms went through over the past week.

Wow.

Here's Wide Open West saying it's an outage:
»twitter.com/TheWOWBuzz/statuses/···60856577
"Michigan customers - some of you may be part of an outage that is currently impacting all services. Will update as I receive more details."

Followed by:
»twitter.com/TheWOWBuzz/statuses/···99954434
"@sspicer1974 When I tweeted is when it was officially declared an outage."

So basically, this is saying that WOW has so little awareness of their systems as to be clueless that there is a widespread and ongoing outage affecting all services for as much as 7 hours. Oh, and there have been no updates since. Except a retweet of a customer praising one of the excellent line workers who's currently fixing their downed lines.

Seriously?

Also: the freezes are caused directly by misconfiguration of the upstream channel modulation (which has been verified) exacerbated by problems in the firmware on the CMTSes. This is an avoidable issue, should be relatively easy to remedy, which has gone unaddressed and actively dismissed by WOW's supposed engineers for months upon months.

Now, I'm willing to cut WOW some slack as they have a number of operations based in Colorado, and their offices and a number of their staff were affected by the wildfires out there.
But seriously - total system outage, seven hours to even recognize there's an outage? Storms have been over for a while now, pretty sure any decent system would already know roughly who's down as is - especially as far as line down reports.

I would recommend that customers who are dissatisfied with WOW's technical competence, outage handling, or customer service to directly contact their local office managers, Michael Furst, Senior Vice President of Customer Care or the Senior Vice President for their region using the contact form available at the link below to politely and calmly explain their situation and the specific reasons for their dissatisfaction if they are not receiving "award winning" service and support.
»www.wowway.com/all-about-wow/management-team
Expand your moderator at work

Inflex

join:2002-09-05
reply to RootWyrm

Re: wow internet down

Root - Total system outage? Hardly. I never dropped on the 4th. My outage today was about an hour.

I really don't know what your beef is with wow. Are you even a customer? If so, continuing to give them money month after month when you are so obviously unhappy says quite a bit about you.

robwow24

join:2004-07-04
Columbus, OH
reply to soapy
I had WOW cable/internet outage on Tuesday morning, July 3rd but finally had the service restored Thursday afternoon last week. The cable technician, nice guy, came out, inspected, and discovered that someone tampered or got access to the cable box outside the apartment building and turned off the connection. Boooo...

The apartment complex was hit by a derecho storm system Friday, June 29th and power went out for several hours until it got restored the next morning, but most of Columbus and New Albany had no electricity for almost 2-3 days.