uniqs
share rss forum feed
« Dane Strikes Out?Uh Ohhh..... »
This is a sub-selection from Be Realistic

treichhart

join:2006-12-12
reply to RR Conductor

Re: Be Realistic

I hope you know Xfinity is Comcast so comcast is doing this fee so you probably want to edit your comment on that one.

buddahbless

join:2005-03-21
Premium
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·AT&T DSL Service
Actually with Comcast you do have a choice At lest in Florida, you can still Buy your own modem ( must be approved by them ) and skip the fee for Xfinity internet, however for Comcast digital voice service you are FORCED to rent there VOIP equipment and pay the $7 monthly fee, so they get you one way or the other .

Morac
Cat god

join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ
kudos:1
reply to treichhart
And Comcast's fee is actually higher ($7).

voiptalk

join:2010-04-10
Gainesville, VA
reply to treichhart
said by treichhart:

I hope you know Xfinity is Comcast so comcast is doing this fee so you probably want to edit your comment on that one.

Huh?! I've had my own modem with Comcast (Xfinity is just a brand name) for 10 years and there it NO fee.

raythompsontn

join:2001-01-11
Oliver Springs, TN
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by voiptalk:

said by treichhart:

Huh?! I've had my own modem with Comcast (Xfinity is just a brand name) for 10 years and there it NO fee.

Do you have Xfinity Voice?

I do. I have two modems. The one for voice I pay for monthly, the one for data there is no charge. I could run my internet off the voice modem but I would have to run a new CAT5 cable and I just don't want to go to the effort when there is no benefit.

Apparently Comcast monitors the voice modems as I received a new battery in the mail because my modem was indicating the battery was failing.