uniqs
share rss forum feed
« Dane Strikes Out?Uh Ohhh..... »
This is a sub-selection from Be Realistic

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to newview

Re: Be Realistic

So again what's that go to do with my comment?

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD
kudos:1
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·Comcast

Your comment,

said by battleop:

It is a pain in the ass to support the customers equipment.

fails to elaborate that these are the VERY SAME modems that the ISP, in this case Sonic, approves of, and are the very same modems they distribute to customers who choose to rent, and not own. So in effect they are supporting those customer owned modems just by the fact that they are supporting their very own cableco modems. It costs them not a dime more when they push updated firmware to all modems of a particular model, no matter if it is customer or cableco owned.

So, "It is a pain in the ass to support the customers equipment." is bullshit and is just a way to increase fees "just because they can".

Again, if they want to reduce the cost of support, reduce the number of "approved" modems, GIVE them out as part of the ADVERTISED monthly fee and stop jerking your customers around with bogus fee increases.

battleop

join:2005-09-28

I really do not expect a reply but please show me where I approve of the fees? I am only commenting on the SUPPORT aspect of this not the fees.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.