how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mr Herb

@comcast.net
reply to Ender3rd

Re: [Scam] Card Services relentless phone calls revisited

Take a step back and look at the big picture. You cannot call them because either the phone number evaporates as soon as they hang up or you get a recording that offers you an opt out feature that never works. The one thing you know about them is that they will continue calling and that is their only weakness. Go to Walmart or your favorite boating supply store and buy a canned air horn. Set it beside your phone and just wait. You will find yourself hoping they will call again soon. When they do, and they will, press 1 to speak to someone and when they answer try to blow their eardrums (and what little brains they have) out the other side of their heads. I horned Rachael from Card Member Services once then put the phone back to my ear. She was really hot and asked me "do you feel better now?" I said "not yet" and I horned here again, then I hung up on HER!!! Man that was fun. The good part is that when the call is over, you have the satisfaction of knowing that the fool who called you is more pissed off than you are.

Snowy
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Clearwire Wireless
·Time Warner Cable

said by Mr Herb :

Go to Walmart or your favorite boating supply store and buy a canned air horn.

I've read that the way to circumvent these noise filters that they all use to prevent that from happening is to answer the phone as you normally would, let them get to the point where you show an interest but start having problems hearing them.
"I'm sorry, I didn't hear that, what did you say, I cannot hear you clearly, would you please speak louder"
The majority of these operators will turn off their filter protection believing it's safe to do so.
You'll know when that happens, the voice levels will markedly increase.
Enter the fog horn.
I wouldn't recommend anyone doing this, it can cause injury to the other party.

nwrickert
sand groper
Premium,MVM
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL
kudos:7
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to Mr Herb

said by Mr Herb :

Go to Walmart or your favorite boating supply store and buy a canned air horn. Set it beside your phone and just wait.

Recently, most of these call that I have received have been obviously pre-recorded tape messages. I doubt that a horn will have much effect.
--
AT&T Uverse; Zyxel NBG334W router (behind the 2wire gateway); openSuSE 12.1; firefox 13.0

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1

said by nwrickert:

said by Mr Herb :

Go to Walmart or your favorite boating supply store and buy a canned air horn. Set it beside your phone and just wait.

Recently, most of these call that I have received have been obviously pre-recorded tape messages. I doubt that a horn will have much effect.

missed a very important part of that post:

said by Mr Herb :

...set it beside your phone and just wait. You will find yourself hoping they will call again soon. When they do, and they will, press 1 to speak to someone and when they answer try to blow their eardrums (and what little brains they have) out the other side of their heads.

but like Snowy See Profile says"I wouldn't recommend anyone doing this, it can cause injury to the other party."
--
--Standard disclaimers apply.--
The preceding posting is null and void in Arizona and any other jurisdiction where prohibited by law.

Ender3rd

join:2001-07-15
Connecticut

1 recommendation

reply to Mr Herb

said by Mr Herb :

Take a step back and look at the big picture. You cannot call them because either the phone number evaporates as soon as they hang up or you get a recording that offers you an opt out feature that never works.

You have described them perfectly, however, the calls from Card Services sputtered to a stop in May. It seemed to take a bit less than 3 months for the SIT tones to convince their auto-dialer to move my number out of the queue. A check of my phone account's incoming calls also indicates a drastic reduction in the amount of "mystery numbers" attempting contact. At this point, about 2 or 3 times a month we see a number we don't recognize come up on the caller ID and we let the answering machine handle it. The SIT tones play and whoever (or whatever) called simply hangs up without leaving a message. This solution took me 10 minutes to set up, it was free, and it worked. I feel like I won this battle so no need for an air horn. :O)
--
Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them. (Charlie Reese)

JALevinworth

@embarqhsd.net

said by Ender3rd:

You have described them perfectly, however, the calls from Card Services sputtered to a stop in May. It seemed to take a bit less than 3 months for the SIT tones to convince their auto-dialer to move my number out of the queue. A check of my phone account's incoming calls also indicates a drastic reduction in the amount of "mystery numbers" attempting contact. At this point, about 2 or 3 times a month we see a number we don't recognize come up on the caller ID and we let the answering machine handle it. The SIT tones play and whoever (or whatever) called simply hangs up without leaving a message. This solution took me 10 minutes to set up, it was free, and it worked. I feel like I won this battle so no need for an air horn. :O)

THIS I am glad to hear.