spc
uniqs
Gandalf4503
join:2002-06-27
Guilderland, NY

Gandalf4503 to 88615298

to 88615298

Re: So for semi-real internet in rual areas

Yep, but they've got these people by the balls. If they want any semblance of "high speed internet" then their options are limited until someone builds to them, or they move somewhere that is actually populated.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by Gandalf4503:

Yep, but they've got these people by the balls. If they want any semblance of "high speed internet" then their options are limited until someone builds to them, or they move somewhere that is actually populated.

I'm not talking about some lone farmer out in the middle of nowhere. I am talking about people that live literally from a few feet to a couple of miles from CITY limits.
wilburyan
join:2002-08-01

wilburyan

people who life a few miles from city limits likely have much cheaper alternatives... typically wireless. (not cellular... usually 2.4ghz or 900mhz)

I can name 5 different wireless providers in my area... they are more expensive than DSL or cable within city limits... but WAY more economical than Sat. (much lower ping times too)
BiggA
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT
·Frontier FiberOp..
Asus RT-AC68

BiggA

Premium Member

Not all areas do. And we're not talking about areas outside the city limits. Suburban and exurban areas have cable and usually DSL or FIOS/U-Verse. It's the legitimately rural areas that we're talking about here. Not that it makes it any less important to get real internet out there though.