share rss forum feed

Ender3rd

join:2001-07-15
Connecticut

1 recommendation

reply to Mr Herb

Re: [Scam] Card Services relentless phone calls revisited

said by Mr Herb :

Take a step back and look at the big picture. You cannot call them because either the phone number evaporates as soon as they hang up or you get a recording that offers you an opt out feature that never works.

You have described them perfectly, however, the calls from Card Services sputtered to a stop in May. It seemed to take a bit less than 3 months for the SIT tones to convince their auto-dialer to move my number out of the queue. A check of my phone account's incoming calls also indicates a drastic reduction in the amount of "mystery numbers" attempting contact. At this point, about 2 or 3 times a month we see a number we don't recognize come up on the caller ID and we let the answering machine handle it. The SIT tones play and whoever (or whatever) called simply hangs up without leaving a message. This solution took me 10 minutes to set up, it was free, and it worked. I feel like I won this battle so no need for an air horn. :O)
--
Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them. (Charlie Reese)

JALevinworth

@embarqhsd.net
said by Ender3rd:

You have described them perfectly, however, the calls from Card Services sputtered to a stop in May. It seemed to take a bit less than 3 months for the SIT tones to convince their auto-dialer to move my number out of the queue. A check of my phone account's incoming calls also indicates a drastic reduction in the amount of "mystery numbers" attempting contact. At this point, about 2 or 3 times a month we see a number we don't recognize come up on the caller ID and we let the answering machine handle it. The SIT tones play and whoever (or whatever) called simply hangs up without leaving a message. This solution took me 10 minutes to set up, it was free, and it worked. I feel like I won this battle so no need for an air horn. :O)

THIS I am glad to hear.