spc
Search similar:

uniqs

navymaverick
join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE

navymaverick

[Cataclysm] Unfinished Cata Goals

The title says it for the most part. With stale content, grumpy disalusioned player base and seemingly endless boring dailies, is there anything left in the game that you personally want to complete before teh launch of Panda Express?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

•reach guild lvl 25 (just hit 20)
•7/7 Firelands
•Heroic Cho'Gall, Nefarian, Sinestra
•LK Heroic (10/25)

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to navymaverick

Premium Member

to navymaverick
Level the remaining two classes to 85
Bribe a gnome warrior to get honored with the guild

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to navymaverick

Premium Member

to navymaverick
Get my alt to 8/8H.
[I Can't Hear You Over The Sound of How Awesome I Am]

that's about it.

Btw Immer, Sinestra > H Ascendant Council > H Nefarian > H Cho'Gall

Cho'Gall is ridiculously easy.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

hehe... we'll see. Not so worried about full heroic clears of T11, just want the guild achieves (which are only the final bosses).

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU to navymaverick

to navymaverick
On my rogue I'd like to get DS on normal done, the H T11 achieves and finish netherwing rep. I normally hate rep grinds which is why since TBC I have 4 toons that are either honored or just barely into revered with NW, and my rogue took until a few weeks after DS dropped to get exalted with baradin wardens.

Plus, I'd like to get my pally to 85 and some gear, at 80 right now.

Going to continue in the beta to decide what class I'll take to 90 first. Either DK, lock, rogue or the pally if he's ready. Not sure about my lonely mal'ganis based mage atm.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew to navymaverick

Premium Member

to navymaverick
I really should show up for a DS10 raid and get full clear run in.
Gains
join:2012-06-19
Saint Clairsville, OH

Gains to navymaverick

to navymaverick
OK, i got a good baker's dozen...

1. Herald of the Titans
2. Justicar (just need wsg)
3. Battlemaster (just need about ~30 wins in all bgs, have ALL of the achieves other than the 100 wins ones)
4. Heroic Rag (until I get mount)
6. Sinestra
7. Sinestra Awesome
8. Tol'vir Mount
9. Tol'vir Pet
10. TLPD
11. C. Hoarder
12. Finish re-leveling steam wheedle cartel reps "BACK UP" to exalted...a side effect from insane in wotlk. They are the only other reputations that are not exalted except bg ones.
13. Finish making a second shadowmourne to give "loots and mount" to my hunter friend. @ 28/50 right now

Caelharrad
join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO

Caelharrad to navymaverick

to navymaverick
1. Get my blood DK up to L85 (currently @ L75).
2. Get my elem/resto shaman up to at least L80 (currently @ L54).
3. Help get our guild back to a 10m raid level again; we've had about half of our core group leave over the last year (quit game, new baby, no time because of job, etc) - but we have a new crop of 4-5 players to fill in. Problem is, some of them are only L70-L75, and some of them have never raided before (and only a bit of regular dungeon experience).
#1 and #2 will be easy. #3 - proving to be way more challenging.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to navymaverick

to navymaverick
Hmm, I think my unfinished goal may be to make a comeback. I've hit the proverbial wall in D3 (stuck at Inferno Act III)...so I guess my goal will be to come back, enjoy myself, and find a way to maximize my play time while maximizing my family time.

navymaverick
Papillion, NE

navymaverick

1. Kingslayer on main. Yes, you read that right. Kingslayer (completed: 7Jul12)
2. Destroyer’s End on main (completed: 8Jul12)
3. 4th, or even 5th level 85 (to include primary professions)
4. Justmpstart my guild’s population for Panda Express
5. Vial of the sands recipe and mount.
The last thing is that I want to do all of this before I get the wife knocked up. I promised that I will try to have my account suspended before the end of her first trimester. So I will try to make sure I do it all soon. Fortunately I did the year sub so I am g2g til Dec.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

1 edit

DarkLogix to navymaverick

Premium Member

to navymaverick
Well I'd like to get a good group and go 8/8 (heroic would be icing on the cake) (currently guild is 6/8) though I've done ultra heroic with a differant group and don't forsee any issue with a few more heroics, just lack of a good group and maybe need a little better gear)

and 7/7 FL

and then do T11 heroic

also get the over 9000 achevment (only 300 points to go)
LK heroic 10 (have 25H) ICC 10 meta
Uld 10 meta and some extra achevs

ot but any idea when/if Blizz will open DS to realID raiding? I mean come on its been out long enough for all the world firsts right? so why still limit it?

Rhenai
join:2010-09-07
Pensacola, FL

Rhenai to navymaverick

to navymaverick
Ironman Challenge - really want to get as far as possible - struggling a bit now, just not keeping me interested and to be honest, have not logged in for a few days. Almost feel like a death at this point would be a relief, but won't allow FeRhayne to go suicidal.

navymaverick
Papillion, NE

navymaverick

said by Rhenai:

Ironman Challenge - really want to get as far as possible - struggling a bit now, just not keeping me interested and to be honest, have not logged in for a few days. Almost feel like a death at this point would be a relief, but won't allow FeRhayne to go suicidal.

Let me know if you do. I will take a screen shot and post it here.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to navymaverick

Premium Member

to navymaverick
I got my Druid levled to 85 a few days ago.

Ran a few heroics and got some gear. And currently leveling Inscription.

navymaverick
Papillion, NE

navymaverick to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

I mean come on its been out long enough for all the world firsts right? so why still limit it?

Either they are too lazy to push a patch for it or when they have nothing to give us, they pull this out of their pocket as a default gift.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by navymaverick:

said by DarkLogix:

I mean come on its been out long enough for all the world firsts right? so why still limit it?

Either they are too lazy to push a patch for it or when they have nothing to give us, they pull this out of their pocket as a default gift.

Maybe it'll be 4.3.5 or something
I mean I get they wanted guilds to have a shot at world firsts, and I guess server firsts but I think that time has passed.

also I think they could workout something for BH/VOA
you know if ally has it on all realms involved, but if someone's realm doesn't have it then they can't zone in

Treebark
Premium Member
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC

Treebark to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
You are back?

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by Treebark:

You are back?

Hell yeah dude. I'm not raiding or anything. Just messing around with my new Feral Druid.

You should give me a guild invite the next time you're on.

Suniojii
join:2009-10-31
Lakeside, CA

Suniojii

said by Ghastlyone:

said by Treebark:

You are back?

Hell yeah dude. I'm not raiding or anything. Just messing around with my new Feral Druid.

You should give me a guild invite the next time you're on.

Too bad Druids are teh suq

Dust off that warlock and pwn some naysayers.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

feral druids are strong dps, and great clutch tanks. Resto druids are mediocre and boomkins are horriterribad.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

what happened to boomkins? they used to be good?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

pvp, I think. they changed certain mechanics that allowed boomies to pick an eclipse and milk it... so now they are forced to yoyo from eclipse to eclipse... and the dungeon mechanics just aren't kind to boomies. That's just my opinion... I haven't done a lot of research or anything.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
They haven't kept pace with the other classes. They're much stronger on multi-dot fights than they are on single target fights. Fights with much movement (LOL ALMOST ALL OF THEM) are horrible for boomkins because they nerfed the crap out of Moonfire/Sunfire due to PVP concerns.

Honestly, the balance spec is horriterribad to play as well. I'm going to be a druid in WoW until its end of days, however that doesn't mean they're the bees knees. It's rapidly apparent that the design time alloted to classes has been spent elsewhere. They're not "broken" per-se, but they aren't nearly as fun to play as other classes. Another hybrid, the priest, has many more interesting buttons to press in their primary damage (shadow) spec.

Boomkin is MF, IS, That-one-spell-that-used-to-hit-like-a-truck-that-i-cant-remember-the-name-of-but- the-free-proc-is-called-shooting-stars, Starfire till eclipse, wrath till eclipse, rinse repeat. use that one spell and refresh dots as appropriate. Cast trees before hero/lust/timewarp, cast starfall on cd, but try to time it with lunar eclipse. It doesn't SOUND that bad, but when you go to play it, it is THAT bad.
drew

drew to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

pvp, I think. they changed certain mechanics that allowed boomies to pick an eclipse and milk it... so now they are forced to yoyo from eclipse to eclipse...

When forced to do full-time add duty (H Rhyolith, for example), you hit solar eclipse and never, ever leave it. Ever. That way your mushrooms hit much harder. This makes for the worlds most boring play.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by drew:

said by Immer:

pvp, I think. they changed certain mechanics that allowed boomies to pick an eclipse and milk it... so now they are forced to yoyo from eclipse to eclipse...

When forced to do full-time add duty (H Rhyolith, for example), you hit solar eclipse and never, ever leave it. Ever. That way your mushrooms hit much harder. This makes for the worlds most boring play.

I'm not saying they didn't need to fix it, I'm just saying that is how boomies were pulling great numbers before. The balance tree is about as balanced as Sinestra is sane.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

The way they fixed it is removing some serious damage from sunfire/moonfire's direct damage component. This means the above AOE strategy is still valid since the vast majority of your DPS comes from shrooms & hurricane.

navymaverick
Papillion, NE

navymaverick

Damned droods hyjacking my thread. Haha!

All good.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

Sorry navy.

On topic, my only goal with WoW is really just to have fun and only play when I am having fun. No "chores" in the game are worth it. Too little time.

navymaverick
Papillion, NE

navymaverick

I might add to my list trying to farm the Glorious Breatplate for Tmog (or an extra one to sell). But I do not know if it is worth the effort to farm directly. Might it be esier to farm gold and buy out right to save time towards other goals?