Zach1
Premium
join:2006-11-26
NW Minnesota
reply to Lurch77

Re: True story - Paveway sealing hottie

said by Lurch77:

said by nunya:

When it comes down to it, sealing an asphalt driveway is a complete waste of time and materials. It's for aesthetics only. It does not extend the life of the driveway or "protect" it. It's basically a paint job.

True dat! I've never seen a road crew out sealing an entire asphalt highway.

Unfortunately, MnDOT fell for it last year. They called it a "flash coat" and I'm still trying to get the shit off my trucks. Thank goodness they came to their senses before ruining more decent pavement.
--
Zach

MrMoody
Free range slave
Premium
join:2002-09-03
Smithfield, NC
They do it every few years on the county roads here:

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chipseal

All the loose gravel handily removes the paint from lower areas of your car ... but no worries, the tar replaces it.
--
"When all you have in the country is people pulling coffees, flipping burgers and manufacturing financial scams, your nation is doomed."-Karl Denninger,market-ticker.org

Premium
join:2010-04-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
kudos:3
said by MrMoody:

They do it every few years on the county roads here:

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chipseal

All the loose gravel handily removes the paint from lower areas of your car ... but no worries, the tar replaces it.

When I was kid I remember the county would oil the dirt roads to keep them somewhat in place, they actually sprayed down used motor oil and it seemed to be mostly from diesels by the nasty smell of it, then came rainy season and what a freaking mess it made puddles would have a oily sheen on them, lawns became self edging as the grass near the roads died and every kid in the neighborhood heard the same words when entering the home that being TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF, as it once mixed with mud and water tracked everywhere.

Wayne
--
Madness takes its toll, please have exact change ready…