All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
ipv6huh
join:2012-06-26

ipv6huh to 47717768

to 47717768

Re: Scam PC optimization software that advertised on TV

Besides the commercial making me sick... What about when you get a whole office of people who saw the commercial on their break room TV, then went back to their computers and EVERYONE installed it - then they all complained why their Pentium III computers are SLOWER.

Sometimes I hate my job - the debate basically became "because your boss is a cheap **** and won't replace anything" vs. "but I saw it on TV so it can't be a scam"

Uhhh... I've had that domain blocked at every company I've ever done business with, just to avoid this fiasco of a conversation. Of course, some IT people will just leave it and "thrive" on this repeat service call. Same reason the commercial will continue to exist, the TV network is getting paid to show it. Sad really :-(
47717768 (banned)
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL

47717768 (banned)

said by ipv6huh:

Besides the commercial making me sick... What about when you get a whole office of people who saw the commercial on their break room TV, then went back to their computers and EVERYONE installed it - then they all complained why their Pentium III computers are SLOWER.

Sometimes I hate my job - the debate basically became "because your boss is a cheap **** and won't replace anything" vs. "but I saw it on TV so it can't be a scam"

Uhhh... I've had that domain blocked at every company I've ever done business with, just to avoid this fiasco of a conversation. Of course, some IT people will just leave it and "thrive" on this repeat service call. Same reason the commercial will continue to exist, the TV network is getting paid to show it. Sad really :-(

Are you talking about something like this?

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· N_EbkhJw
ipv6huh
join:2012-06-26

1 recommendation

ipv6huh

Your a funny guy... yeah it was like that, but with more people not doing their job, and less cheetos
Dodge
Premium Member
join:2002-11-27

Dodge to ipv6huh

Premium Member

to ipv6huh
said by ipv6huh:

Why are users allowed to install anything to begin with? I admit that the way I configure networks and policies is just short of taking ethernet cables away, but letting users install software just seems like a bad idea.