Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix

Re: [Cataclysm] Unfinished Cata Goals

pvp, I think. they changed certain mechanics that allowed boomies to pick an eclipse and milk it... so now they are forced to yoyo from eclipse to eclipse... and the dungeon mechanics just aren't kind to boomies. That's just my opinion... I haven't done a lot of research or anything.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

said by Immer:

pvp, I think. they changed certain mechanics that allowed boomies to pick an eclipse and milk it... so now they are forced to yoyo from eclipse to eclipse...

When forced to do full-time add duty (H Rhyolith, for example), you hit solar eclipse and never, ever leave it. Ever. That way your mushrooms hit much harder. This makes for the worlds most boring play.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by drew:

said by Immer:

pvp, I think. they changed certain mechanics that allowed boomies to pick an eclipse and milk it... so now they are forced to yoyo from eclipse to eclipse...

When forced to do full-time add duty (H Rhyolith, for example), you hit solar eclipse and never, ever leave it. Ever. That way your mushrooms hit much harder. This makes for the worlds most boring play.

I'm not saying they didn't need to fix it, I'm just saying that is how boomies were pulling great numbers before. The balance tree is about as balanced as Sinestra is sane.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

The way they fixed it is removing some serious damage from sunfire/moonfire's direct damage component. This means the above AOE strategy is still valid since the vast majority of your DPS comes from shrooms & hurricane.