spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JackRazz

@99.111.245.x

Redirected to ATT Bad Password page.

After my power goes out all my web requests get redirected to motive.com servers with an ATT message saying they have found a problem with my Internet connection.

We found a mismatch between your current Primary Member network password and the password used to connect to the Internet

Relevant Info...
• My DSL account was recently upgraded (they created a new account) and the problems have started after that.
• I have an old analogue SpeedStream 5100 modem that has always worked great.
• My Linksys modem with Tomato firmware is logging in via pppoe.
• My password is good and it has been changed by ATT to their new forced short 6 char password.

Could it be that the redirection is triggered because the pppoe session was not properly terminated by the modem and ATT servers are viewing this as a duplicate login?

I eventually get logged back in, but I don't know what I'm doing that makes it successful.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks - Jack

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1

said by JackRazz :

Could it be that the redirection is triggered because the pppoe session was not properly terminated by the modem and ATT servers are viewing this as a duplicate login?

I believe that this is what's going on

said by JackRazz :

I eventually get logged back in, but I don't know what I'm doing that makes it successful

The pppoe session times out because echo requests go unacknowledged

JackRazz

@108.87.85.x

hey wayjac,
Thanks for the info. Its been raining in Houston and the power went out again this morning for at least an hour. When power came back on, the router connected successfully without a hitch.

I called AT&T yesterday. Their suggestion was to buy a new gateway modem. I'm not thrilled about replacing a good working modem, especially if I'm not sure that will do the trick. But I do want to get rid of the problem.

Jack

wayjac
Premium,MVM
Indy

What is the full part number of your 5100 it may be able to fully recover from a power cutoff

whyamihere

join:2008-10-01
Tyler, TX
reply to JackRazz

I can't speak about newer gateways that AT&T recommends or sells. I have ~ 6 yr old 2 Wire gateway. The MODEM part has worked well, but the router part would NOT work w/ VOIP (PAP2T) ATA. The 2701 HG-B said supported VOIP & had section in manual, but...

If you use VOIP, be somewhat cautious. Newer models may be better, but...
Other brands gateways may well not have same problem. I'm not very lucky!

All the tech support - Tier 2 - at AT&T & 2Wire, couldn't make enough changes so the ATA didn't loose connection (though they tried for world record for # of settings changes for one gateway!). Soon as put the 2 wire in bridge mode (modem only) & a Cisco router behind, VOIP probs solved. Took ~ week w/ support.

JackRazz

join:2012-07-21
reply to wayjac

Hey wayjac,
Thanks for the help. The part number for the SpeedStream 5100 is 060-E141-A01. I checked my records and I got the router around 2003 - 2004.

It looks like I'm wrong about being a pure analog modem. There is a MAC address on the back also. I check the MAC addresses under my router server's devices and it isn't there.

Jack

wayjac
Premium,MVM
Indy

The 5100 you have is a bridged modem that has a gui

wayjac
Premium,MVM
Indy
reply to JackRazz

The speedstream 5100 you have is a bridged modem that has a gui

invrtdpilot
I'd rather be flying.

join:2004-03-30
Alvarado, TX
reply to JackRazz

and if the modem is truly bridged, then you have a router most likely. If thats the case, you need to update your network password on your routers PPPoE login credentials.

rrohbeck

join:2012-08-21
Dana Point, CA
reply to JackRazz

I saw that too when I had a flaky line. Resetting the modem via the menu (not power cycling) fixed it every time.