Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD to Draiman

Premium Member

to Draiman

Re: Garage addition

I don't understand. Most jurisdictions require an engineer to seal all drawings.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

said by AVD:

I don't understand. Most jurisdictions require an engineer to seal all drawings.

Not required by state code here. A GC license allows them to accept liability on stuff up to a certain point so you don't need stamps. Our GC does this all the time in other cities. Our city trumps the state by requiring stamps. I could go to the state and fight it. I'd win but stuff would be delayed months or even years and I'm sure it would cost more then $1,500. The city building inspector said they require it, "For my protection".

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

said by Draiman:

said by AVD:

Not required by state code here. A GC license allows them to accept liability on stuff up to a certain point so you don't need stamps. Our GC does this all the time in other cities. Our city trumps the state by requiring stamps. I could go to the state and fight it. I'd win but stuff would be delayed months or even years and I'm sure it would cost more then $1,500. The city building inspector said they require it, "For my protection".

I meant that "Most jurisdictions require an Engineer to seal all drawings that s/he produces"