how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Can I replace a remote for free?

Dog keeps eating them! I went to a FIOS store a few weeks ago, and he gave me a used one. He said I'm entitled to one remote per box per year free. Hadn't heard that before. Doesn't appear to be a way to order them free on the web. He said to use the menu on the STB. I haven't tried that yet. Anyone know?

guppy_fish
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

They sell them on eBay cheap, As a dog owner myself, I don't have expectations of others to pay for replacements of things my pets damage

»www.ebay.com/itm/Verizon-Fios-TV···700e37f0

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ

1 edit
reply to Greg2600
Yeah I've seen those, and have no problem buying those. I'm just wondering if what the person i the FIOS store said was true?
If I can get some free from Verizon, I'd rather do that first.

PaulyIzGod

join:2008-02-18
Tampa, FL
reply to Greg2600
Download in home agent you can have a free remote shipped to you every 30 days.

»www22.verizon.com/residentialhel···CV090324

guppy_fish
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL
Now we know where the large eBay stock of remotes must be coming from!

PaulyIzGod

join:2008-02-18
Tampa, FL
reply to Greg2600
Yeah I think Verizon is changing it, I think they are changing it to where you can get 1 free remote per box per year.

hubrisnxs

join:2009-12-30
Fountain Valley, CA
kudos:2
click menu > customer support > in home agent > order remote.

skohly

join:2009-08-19
Township Of Washington, NJ
reply to guppy_fish
said by guppy_fish:

Now we know where the large eBay stock of remotes must be coming from!

Hysterical! That is funny

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to hubrisnxs
said by hubrisnxs:

click menu > customer support > in home agent > order remote.

Yeah I did that during my lunch hour. But as I said, I think they limit your number, although I think I may go the ebay route, just in case. My last dog never touched them, and he was a big lab, and this new dog is a twerp and keeps chewing them! Does In home agent work on a DTA?

billhere

join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA
Just keep your remote on a high shelf...

Andy from CA
Premium
join:2008-09-05
Anaheim, CA
reply to Greg2600
Do these free remotes come with batteries?

I'm not saying people order remotes when the batteries run low, no I'm definitely not saying that.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to Greg2600
I run a small business and it just boggles my mind that any business would give out a free replacement remote every 30 days. Reminds me more of what the Federal Gov does..

MuDvAyNe
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY
Maybe this is why we have an increase in our bills! They need to combat all those free remotes they send out!!
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to bohratom
said by bohratom:

I run a small business and it just boggles my mind that any business would give out a free replacement remote every 30 days. Reminds me more of what the Federal Gov does..

...and how so many people want to take advantage of Verizon -- or really other subscribers since we all support the frequent-remote-control-needers club through our subscriptions.

MeatChicken

join:2007-08-15
Paramus, NJ
kudos:1
reply to Greg2600
I appreciate the idea of this service, & hope it doesn't go away due to a few bad apples &/or complainers ...
I'm sure VZ knows it doesnt make a dent in their $$, & I'm sure it would not decrease our bills one cent if they removed the program ( Geez, We could all buy new universal remotes for $4.49 w/ free shipping on Amazon, ( I'm sure there's even better deals) & that's retail ...
The quantity VZ buys direct must make them very cheap ...

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to Greg2600
I have no problem with 1 remote per year per box. Whoever allowed one a month is an idiot who should have been fired.

willie321

join:2005-11-12
Fort Washington, PA
reply to Greg2600
Yikes! we are bunny sitting the school rabbit for the summer and he has already taken off the backspace key and the "A" widget key...still have a month plus of the summer visit

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
I'm just curious. How does that happen? Do you people leave your remotes on the floor? How does dogs and rabbits get on top of everyone's furniture? Are these the same pets that eat the homework too

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1
said by matcarl:

I'm just curious. How does that happen? Do you people leave your remotes on the floor? How does dogs and rabbits get on top of everyone's furniture? Are these the same pets that eat the homework too

My 95 pound lab can easily take what he wants off the coffee table, lol. Even the kitchen bar if he felt like it. Thankfully I trained him not to.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

billhere

join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA
reply to PaulyIzGod
I've had FiOS TV for only nine months. I'm already eight free remotes behind... Better order soon!

Andy from CA
Premium
join:2008-09-05
Anaheim, CA
reply to Greg2600
I wish I could trade my one free remote a month for a free SD to HD STB upgrade. I'm sure the remote (plus s&h&batteries) cost more than the STB price increase.
Expand your moderator at work

joe01880

join:2007-10-26
Wakefield, MA

3 edits
reply to matcarl

Re: Can I replace a remote for free?

said by matcarl:

My dog simply steps up on my couch. He is a 100 pound black german shepherd and sleeps where he wants to..with my blessings.
Seriously;
A little training goes a long way.
Take the remote the dog has chewed up, instead of yelling at the dog, in front of the dog be fruious with the remote, go over the top with the performance, yell at it, hit it, thow it against the floor. Let the dog see how pissed off you are AT THE REMOTE.
Dogs look at their masters like they are God, your dog will want nothing to do with anything God is that pissed off at..just give it a try..works well with the trash too.

also,

keep a dummy remote, one out where you think the dog might get it and put the other one away so the dog goes to the dummy remote. I am in no way insinuationg the dog is the dummy here.

I have 4 FiOS remotes ununsed, pay shipping via pay pal and I will send you one. PM me if interested.