spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Benenstein

join:2007-04-29
Lincoln, IL

[Price] Comcast pay my early termination fee if I switch?

I'm fed up with this whole Viacom nonsense and the fact that my Directv bill just went up $5". If I were to switch to Comcast would they pay my early termination fee to get out of my contract? Just curious.

Benenstein

join:2007-04-29
Lincoln, IL
I meant $50.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5
reply to Benenstein
Call in and ask. Your area may have a deal for switching subscriber winback/overs, but the only way to find out is to ask.
--
Ex-Tech at the Beach.
I speak for myself, not my former employer.

dishrich

join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL
reply to Benenstein
Do you have any idea what your ETF is, & or what date IS the end of your contract?
If you don't know, wouldn't it be prudent to find this out from DTV first?
If it's only a short amount of time, you might be better off (cost-wise) to keep DTV until then - even going ahead & getting CC now, to get your (Viacom) channels back. THEN cancel DTV after your aniversary date is past - you don't actually have to keep the system hooked up while you wait out the end of your contract.

LoveHD

join:2011-07-31
reply to Benenstein
Vampyfan25,

Make the call to Comcast; mention the DirecTV-vs.-Viacom dispute; express your impatience over that situation; see if Comcast will entice you to switch.

Louis Litt

@comcast.net
reply to Benenstein
Wouldn't the fact that D-wreckTV is no longer providing all the contracted channels release you from the contact?

neil0311

join:2005-07-24
Marietta, GA
reply to Benenstein
Years ago when I switched from DirecTV, they had a "dump the dish" promotion and gave me a $25/mo discount on my Comcast bill for the first year along with an introductory plan, but I had to provide a copy of my current bill from the competitor.

Call and ask what they will do to get you to switch.

dishrich

join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL
reply to Louis Litt
said by Louis Litt :

Wouldn't the fact that D-wreckTV is no longer providing all the contracted channels release you from the contact?

NO, OR would it apply to DISH for the loss of the AMC, WE, IFC, Sundance channels. There are most definitely disclaimers in their contract "fine print" that specifically states "all prog offerings subject to change".

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL
reply to LoveHD
comcast deal with Viacom is comeing up and they don't have epix.

And this dispute likely is about EPIX as well.

Mike Ross

@comcast.net
reply to dishrich
said by dishrich:

said by Louis Litt :

NO, OR would it apply to DISH for the loss of the AMC, WE, IFC, Sundance channels. There are most definitely disclaimers in their contract "fine print" that specifically states "all prog offerings subject to change".

So taken to the extreme, D* could bait you with 100 good channels, lock you into a contract and then deliver 100 home shopping channels? God bless the corporate lawyers!

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium
join:2004-11-12
reply to Benenstein
I dont think they would actually pay the termination fee but if you give them an amount they coudl possibly discount your service over some chaining months to make up that cost. That might be as good as it gets.
Agents do not really have the power, or incentive, to pay for you to terminate a contract. Competitor or otherwise. ]
Who is to say that you wouldnt get out of their contract and then you would drop Comcast the next month under the 30day money back guarantee.
They paid to get your out of a contract and gave you service free for one month.

Not that it would ever happen, but situations such as that and countless others are reason enough that they wouldnt outright PAY the fee for you.

Best of luck! That Viacom crap is ridiculous.
--
CableTechs.org/"Horrible People with Integrity"

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15
reply to Joe12345678
said by Joe12345678:

comcast deal with Viacom is coming up and they don't have epix.

So exactly when is Comcast's current retransmission consent agreement with Viacom expiring?

BTW - While looking for channel lineup information on Comcast's site today, I came across this page that is supposed to list Comcast's upcoming contract renewals: »xfinity.comcast.net/learn/programming/

Don't know if this is actually kept up to date, but if so, it looks like Comcast's agreements to carry Fox's Fuel TV and a few regional Fox Sports Network channels are/were up for renewal this month.