spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

prokkos

join:2003-11-14
Holmdel, NJ

New Digital Adapter/Cable Box: Fees for Pickup at Retail?

Need to add a new box to my house. Not certain whether to go Digital Adapter which I think is $3.99 or a full box for $4 more per month. I miss the days of simple cable when you could just plug the coax in get most of the channels without a box.

Does anyone know if I go to a Verizon FIOS retail store, if I pick up either type of box, do I have to pay the $20 fee that they ask online or is it just simply pick up the equipment and start paying monthly fee?

UofMiamiGrad
Premium
join:2001-02-03
Great Neck, NY
said by prokkos:

Need to add a new box to my house. Not certain whether to go Digital Adapter which I think is $3.99 or a full box for $4 more per month. I miss the days of simple cable when you could just plug the coax in get most of the channels without a box.

Does anyone know if I go to a Verizon FIOS retail store, if I pick up either type of box, do I have to pay the $20 fee that they ask online or is it just simply pick up the equipment and start paying monthly fee?

You should be able to go to the walk-in center and pick up an additional box. The fee online is probably for shipping & handling hence a $20 fee.

dosdoxies
Premium
join:2004-12-15
Wallingford, PA
reply to prokkos
No, there shouldn't be any fee. I was told by the Verizon rep to call Verizon first before picking up any equipment at the stores. And I think the regular STB is now $9.99. Could be wrong.

seaquake
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD
said by dosdoxies:

No, there shouldn't be any fee. I was told by the Verizon rep to call Verizon first before picking up any equipment at the stores.

I've actually called the store directly to set up my order. No fee and rather quick (for me) exchange of a couple of old boxes for newer ones.

Zero

join:2009-07-01
Collegeville, PA
reply to prokkos
There is no fee for pickup at a local FiOS retail store. The fee is only to cover the cost of S&H.

Don't forget, as of July 15th, prices for Digital Adapters and STBs have increased. DAs are now $5.99 and STBs are $11.99.

Xela19115

join:2000-10-06
Richboro, PA
reply to prokkos
I plugged coax into my plasma TV that has clear QAM tuner and was able to pick all clear channels. So I'd try that first.
--
xela19115

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

1 edit
reply to Zero
said by Zero:

Don't forget, as of July 15th, prices for Digital Adapters and STBs have increased. DAs are now $5.99 and STBs are $11.99.

Depends on location, in the NYC area the pricing is $6.99 for STB's and $5.99 for DA's. My package deal expired last month and was thinking about swapping out a STB or 2 for a DA but with only a $1 price difference it made no sense.