join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to Name Game

Re: Things Mom never told us about NSA

Without reading the article I bet it involves rubber gloves and bending over
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

sbconslt

join:2009-07-28
Los Angeles, CA
It pertains to domestic wiretapping. The EFF's case page here »www.eff.org/cases/jewel

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:12
reply to StuartMW

I dont have to read it to know whats been going on

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7

1 recommendation

What are you doing about it ?

Camaro
Question everything
Premium
join:2008-04-05
Westfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
Only thing us peon's can do is follow the trail to the senators, congressman who know about this and defend it by the cloak of national security and vote there asses out, I am sure there is plenty in D.C that are clueless about these programs but the important one's know.

Thank's for the awesome link this needs to stay in the news as long as possible but I have a feeling I won't be seeing this on the 5 o'clock news.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
join:2006-10-19
USA
reply to Name Game
said by Name Game:

What can you do about it?

Nothing.

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7
said by DrModem:

said by Name Game:

What can you do about it?

Nothing.

I don't use AT&T ..how bout you ?

»www.eff.org/nsa/faq#38
--
Gladiator Security Forum
»www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
USA
reply to Camaro
said by Camaro:

Only thing us peon's can do is follow the trail to the senators, congressman who know about this and defend it by the cloak of national security and vote there asses out, I am sure there is plenty in D.C that are clueless about these programs but the important one's know.

Like that's ever worked.

56 of the 100 senators have been in office less than 10 years. 31 of those have been in office for less than 5 years.

246 of the 433 house members have been in office less than 10 years. 150 of those have been there less than 5 years, and 103 of those have been in LESS THAN TWO YEARS.

In other words, you basically get a new senate majority every 10 years, and you get a new house majority every 3-5 years.

Throwing people out as the cure assumes you are throwing the right people in behind them. Which is not the case, as the drumbeat goes on unchanging house after house, senate after senate, despite everyone getting thrown out consistently.

Spy
Premium
join:2001-09-22
NE
reply to StuartMW

Re: Things Mom never told us about NSA

said by StuartMW:

Without reading the article I bet it involves rubber gloves and bending over

Wow, that's the best truth i've seen written here in years.

Camaro
Question everything
Premium
join:2008-04-05
Westfield, MA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to DrModem

Re:  

said by DrModem:

Throwing people out as the cure assumes you are throwing the right people in behind them.

Yea life's a bitch but I feel they all need 4 year terms just like the President, maybe that could light a fire under there asses so they won't get comfortable and not do a damn thing, but like you said it depends on the right candidate.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
USA

2 recommendations

Term limits don't solve anything. It just speeds up the rotation.

Term limits mean when you actually do get a good person, they immediately get thrown out like everyone else.

The government is not actually the problem. The government is just a symptom. The people are the root of the problem.

The only thing that will actually change the government is the people as a whole changing their minds about what government they will tolerate. Until then we will continue to get the same government as we have been getting for decades, because deep down on the large scale, it's the government we want.