uniqs
share rss forum feed

rgoltsch
Premium
join:2001-03-04
Caldwell, NJ
reply to rgoltsch

Re: speednet grade of F

Just for giggles, I decided to reset my router to defaults and do a speed test. Speeds are back to 49 mbps down, 22 mbps up.

So I then reset my local netowrk to 192.168.0.xxx and tried again, speeds are still high.

Anyone have any thoughts as to what is slowing me down? And why a simple reset of the router brings the speeds back?

Also, I forgot to mention that I did a scan of my local netowrk for unauthorized users using Solarwinds IP address tracker. All the devices that have an IP address from my router are known to me.

xocsucram

join:2008-10-02

said by rgoltsch:

Just for giggles, I decided to reset my router to defaults and do a speed test. Speeds are back to 49 mbps down, 22 mbps up.

things like that dont legitimately fix the real issue, if your personal network settings were working fine when you first implemented them its not the problem.

the "unplug for 10 seconds" run around for every electronic device ever made that every customer service rep tells ppl is the biggest waste of time and who ever came up with that needs to go for a car ride with Jason Kidd

its as if its the exact opposite of the legal system and they always assume you're the guilty party from the start and have to go thru hoops to finally get them to find the real issue.

rgoltsch
Premium
join:2001-03-04
Caldwell, NJ

XO,
I agree, it makes no sense.......why would things change basd on a simple reset? My settings had worked for years, then suddenly something changed. I made no changes to my router, and the speeds slow down. So they have me change everything on my end, and still have wildly varying speeds. The problem lies elsewhere.....

My speeds ae still up this morning, so I will have to wit until they drop again before I can call Verizon back.