Up to 21 people shot at block party in Lawrence/Morningside area Monday night:

»www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews/···shooting
Expand your moderator at work

Reimer

join:2006-08-14
Toronto, ON
reply to WNGFAN 1

Re: [Serious] Scarborough block party turns violent

Just to clarify, it's actually up to 21 people "injured". It doesn't necessarily mean they were all shot.

organicbeast

join:2012-07-01
said by Reimer:

Just to clarify, it's actually up to 21 people "injured". It doesn't necessarily mean they were all shot.

CP24 just reported that 2 people died and 19 people suffered gunshot wounds. So, 21 shot in total.

Looks like its getting easier to smuggle guns from the U.S

Tkavil

join:2010-07-22
kudos:1
I heard the 19 injured included witnesses suffering from "Shock".

I also heard an 18mo old suffered from a gunshot wound and a 12yo girl is suffering from a serious gunshot wound.

Prayers go out to all that are affected. I've been noticing more gun related crime in and around Toronto. Things need to change soon, things are getting out of hand.

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
So sad and so needless...

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

1 recommendation

reply to WNGFAN 1

Someone has to say "gang violence".

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
said by donoreo:

It's Scarborough. Nuff said.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to WNGFAN 1

I listened to it unfold live on the police scanner last night, it's maybe a 5 minute drive from my house... Pretty chaotic, they had cops coming from downtown and even the west end divisions to contain the perimeter and question and take statements from what seemed like hundreds of people in the area...

First the dispatch said "reports of shots fired at Morningside & Danzig" then the first cops get there and you can hear distress in their voices "Multiple victims shot all over the place". When i heard of a 12 year old girl was without vital signs I cringed...
--
GO BLUE JAYS!

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to donoreo
said by donoreo:

Dude. I made a "wrong turn" onto that street (Danzig) once while cycling. Let me tell you, it was NOT pretty, and I hightailed it out of there quick. Its mostly townhouses and it was just PACKED with 'hoods sitting in front on lawn chairs, drinking alcohol and who knows what else...

I also listen to the 43 division on a regular basis, and that area is known for gang & drug activity. They have undercover cops there all the time.
--
GO BLUE JAYS!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Looking at Google Maps, so it's the "Projects", a long fence, and then single family housing.

No thanks, the house has to be worth nothing.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to donoreo
said by donoreo:

Guns & gangs? nah - say it ain't so.

The interesting thing is the police say at least two guns had been used, hardly the normal thing you would bring to a BBQ (excluding Texas), and completely unlawful as well. (Handguns can't be loaded during transport, can't be transported in an unsecured fashion and can only be transported with police consent between the owner’s residence and their pre-defined target range - but like any laws these only apply to the lawful; murder is illegal as well and yet its still going on.)

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

Dude. I made a "wrong turn" onto that street (Danzig) once while cycling. Let me tell you, it was NOT pretty, and I hightailed it out of there quick. Its mostly townhouses and it was just PACKED with 'hoods sitting in front on lawn chairs, drinking alcohol and who knows what else...

Sounds just like any other day in Buffalo! Haha.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
200 is an awfull lotta poeple for a couple of bbq hot dogs

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
I thought it was a block party... Where I live our annual block party for my street would easily have that many...

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
reply to WNGFAN 1
A lot of people will be saying "why were they having a party on a Monday night?" I am guessing the majority of the people in the area probably have jobs where they work on weekends and have Monday or Tuesday or both off.

Stupid gangs. Cowards join gangs.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to vue666
A block party in a gang and thug infested neighbourhood is a terrible idea... There should have been police presence there to begin with.

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
said by HiVolt:

A block party in a gang and thug infested neighbourhood is a terrible idea... There should have been police presence there to begin with.

But then they would all feel harassed.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
said by donoreo:

said by HiVolt:

And profiled... Damn right. But maybe 20+ people wouldn't have been shot.

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
said by HiVolt:

said by donoreo:

said by HiVolt:

And profiled... Damn right. But maybe 20+ people wouldn't have been shot.

Aside from the kids, it would have been better if they had all killed each other.
--
The irony of common sense, it is not that common.
I cannot deny anything I did not say.
A kitten dies every time someone uses "then" and "than" incorrectly.
I mock people who give their children odd spelling of names.

loosedobbs

join:2006-06-13
Toronto
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

Do they need a permit to have such event?
And the 43 Div is not that far. May be a km away.

Markie
Still Living Free

join:2009-07-11
Canada
reply to WNGFAN 1
Gun Registry could have prevented this.
--
»www.timslaw.ca/

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

1 recommendation

reply to donoreo
said by donoreo:

A lot of people will be saying "why were they having a party on a Monday night?" I am guessing the majority of the people in the area probably have jobs where they work on weekends and have Monday or Tuesday or both off.

Friday, Saturday nights are busy nights for the pimps, most Johns are home during the week. Therefore, their weekend is Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday...Thursday is pay day for most folks, so their busy pimping again.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
said by J E F F:

said by donoreo:

Friday, Saturday nights are busy nights for the pimps, most Johns are home during the week. Therefore, their weekend is Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday...Thursday is pay day for most folks, so their busy pimping again.

LOL
--
The irony of common sense, it is not that common.
I cannot deny anything I did not say.
A kitten dies every time someone uses "then" and "than" incorrectly.
I mock people who give their children odd spelling of names.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Markie
said by Markie:

Or the Bullet registry lol.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to loosedobbs
said by loosedobbs:

said by HiVolt:

Do they need a permit to have such event?
And the 43 Div is not that far. May be a km away.

I dunno... I think you need permits for public spaces like parks and stuff, but if people are having BBQ's and stuff on their front yards i dont think you can even enforce any sort of bylaws...

And yeah, the 43 Division is pretty close around on Lawrence & Manse Road. Cops got there very quickly after the initial gunshot dispatch went out.
--
GO BLUE JAYS!

loosedobbs

join:2006-06-13
Toronto
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

said by Markie:

Or the Bullet registry lol.

Or Ban the bullets in city limits.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
said by loosedobbs:

Or Ban the bullets in city limits.

And the criminals will respect that, eh?

What they need to do is have some extreme sentences for these fucks who are caught with a gun, loaded or not, used in a crime or not...

25 years in jail. no questions asked, no plea bargains, no parole.
--
GO BLUE JAYS!