share rss forum feed

M A R S
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Long Island
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to ropeguru

Re: [Rant] THis is why Facebook needs to go away!

»socialfixer.com/ and ABP on firefox makes facebook look like it did when it first came out

RickNY
Premium
join:2000-11-02
Farmingville, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

3 recommendations

Click for full size
said by M A R S:

»socialfixer.com/ and ABP on firefox makes facebook look like it did when it first came out

Socialfixer is an excellent add-on for many of the major browsers.. Under the 'Popular' category of options there is a "Disable Trending Articles and Trending Videos" - that will do the trick.

Madtown
Premium
join:2008-04-26
Madera, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to M A R S
said by M A R S:

I just installed it and tried it out, so far I like it. I also like some of the features it has, such as hide post unless new comments are posted, which is useful on keeping up with posts I want.

Tweakbl

join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV
reply to RickNY
Yeah Social Fixer is a good Tool but it does come with a cost of a performance hit to page loading.

Adblock on the other hand in Firefox and I think also Chrome will block a lot of junk like this.

Tweakbl

Rosedale, WV

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sThcwmx···=related

Break out your TinFoil Hats peeps here comes the Fail Train.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
said by Tweakbl:

Break out your TinFoil Hats peeps here comes the Fail Train.

Um, that is a satire video from a satire site: the Onion.

»www.theonion.com/video/cias-face···s,19753/
--
my pants are parched and thirsty

dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8
It's tragic the way people can't distinguish satire from reality. Personally, I blame Facebook for turning people into idiots.

Tweakbl

Rosedale, WV
reply to fatness
Actually I know it is a Satire, but the FB Hate is just as much of a Satire. Really folks if one does not like it then leave it. I see people that are Tech Challenged all the time. Usually they are much worse then average to. I run FB with Adblock Plus and I NEVER see anything like what the OP posted in his/her picture.

I guess Sarcasm does not go over to well when typed LOL.

Tweakbl

Rosedale, WV
reply to dave
Blaming Facebook? Really. There has and always will be idiots.
Common Sense is so rare its almost a Super Power.....

Not really FB's Fault. (Although I do have some friends that do qualify for the title)

dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8
It's tragic the way people can't distinguish satire from reality.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1
reply to Tweakbl
said by Tweakbl:

Yeah Social Fixer is a good Tool but it does come with a cost of a performance hit to page loading.

Adblock on the other hand in Firefox and I think also Chrome will block a lot of junk like this.

Any way to stop this on the iOS app?
--
--Standard disclaimers apply.--
The preceding posting is null and void in Arizona and any other jurisdiction where prohibited by law.

Tweakbl

Rosedale, WV
No clue. I ran Social Fixer for about a Week and on Hughesnet Satellite it made it even slower then "normal" (And that is saying something.) However Adblock with Firefox works awesomely. I have no experience with iOS at all.