BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:138
reply to FTBoomer

Re: [Internet] Best Routers for Bridged Networks

Hold off on the latest version of firmware... 1.1.2.1-004 - it has major issues with upstream performance and also remote access to the admin web gui. I'll let you know more when I do.

ispalten

join:2005-04-16
Clermont, FL

I was using it and it was OK, even had a GUEST account... found some 'signal' problems though so I went looking around. Found a later 3.0.0.3.135 ASUS flash that was originally made for the N66U.

See »vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=···ge=en-us and this part :

------------------
»www.asus.ru/ftp/NW_TO_TEST/RT-N5···_135.trx
------------------

for the firmware.

Also in here --> »code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/issues···il?id=23

So far it has been working fine, but I did see some small hiccups in the Media Server, duplicated file names of different sizes, but I could have possibly rebooted the router during the indexing.

Anyone else have experience with this RU version? I know it is from ASUS it seems. Seems stable.

Irv S.
--
Irv Spalten

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by ispalten:

I was using it and it was OK, even had a GUEST account... found some 'signal' problems though so I went looking around. Found a later 3.0.0.3.135 ASUS flash that was originally made for the N66U.

See »vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=···ge=en-us and this part :

------------------
»www.asus.ru/ftp/NW_TO_TEST/RT-N5···_135.trx
------------------

for the firmware.

Also in here --> »code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/issues···il?id=23

So far it has been working fine, but I did see some small hiccups in the Media Server, duplicated file names of different sizes, but I could have possibly rebooted the router during the indexing.

Anyone else have experience with this RU version? I know it is from ASUS it seems. Seems stable.

Irv S.

The Russian version is not from Asus and it works fine except for the latest revision. I strongly advise AGAINST using any firmware ported from the N66 as it has significant issues. Stay with the firmware either stock Asus or what I have recomended only please. I have your best interest in mind here...let me break things instead of you...
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

ispalten

join:2005-04-16
Clermont, FL

OK, I'll go back to Padavan then. Your word is good enough for me.

Irv S.
--
Irv Spalten

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by ispalten:

OK, I'll go back to Padavan then. Your word is good enough for me.

Irv S.

Since I have to support you Irv you would be doing me a big favor thank you sir... and I for one am not putting anything on my 56 that was ported from the 66 knowing what I know about 66 firmware at the moment. While its better there are still issues with it...they might have fixed them but I don't have time to test every flavor out there right now. I just finished reporting the bug on the current flav of the Russian.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

mhowie

join:2004-12-28
The Colony, TX
reply to BHNtechXpert

said by BHNtechXpert:

Hold off on the latest version of firmware... 1.1.2.1-004 - it has major issues with upstream performance and also remote access to the admin web gui. I'll let you know more when I do.

Appreciate the recon work you are doing on each of these...takes the occasional unwanted "surprise" out of upgrading.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by mhowie:

said by BHNtechXpert:

Appreciate the recon work you are doing on each of these...takes the occasional unwanted "surprise" out of upgrading.

Not a problem Mhowie...figure better me than our customers.
--

mhowie

join:2004-12-28
The Colony, TX

Version .005 is out...