USA
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy

1 recommendation

[No Edit] Now it's time to pray for rain

Click for full size
This image was not taken by me but by a friend heading East into the Valley from CA. This is what greeted them just prior to making it into the West part of the city. This is why I now pray for rain as this same Haboob (huge dust storm w/ high winds) went through our area about an hour before this was shot. It was moving at about 5 mph. but didn't carry any rain. Without that rain, ugh! What you see is blowing dirt, sand, and heaven only knows what else, and it just settles everywhere, leaving everywhere just plain a mess. Rain would be nice to clean things off...enough to do real cleaning, not just leave everything full of mud. This is what happens in the Gobi Desert and here among a few other places in the Monsoon.
--
JKK

Age is a very high price to pay for my maturity. If I can't stay young, I can at least stay immature!

»www.pbase.com/jaykaykay

GadgetsRme
RIP lilhurricane
Premium
join:2002-01-30
Canon City, CO
+100
Dust storms, wildfires, and stunted crops all suck big time.
--
Gadgets

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
And we're getting them all as are most of the US. Here, it's not all that unusual though. And, we never got the rain. Several days later, and I am still hoping that it will come.

GadgetsRme
RIP lilhurricane
Premium
join:2002-01-30
Canon City, CO
reply to jaykaykay
Did you get hit again today? I saw Phoenix got haboobed today. We actually got a little rain tonight. Not enough to do long term good, but it cooled us down and made the air smell good.
--
Gadgets

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
Parts of the Valley did. We did not. I am still praying for that rain, but it's clearing up and the Monsoon has lessened until maybe next weekend.