Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned) to Robert4

to Robert4

Re: [Serious] Scarborough block party turns violent

said by Robert4:

said by vue666:

said by DKS:

If the election promise is ethically bankrupt in the beginning...

Bankrupt how? And I'll ask once more...Do you really believe criminals will register their guns? Banning something does not work (prohibition, drugs, etc)...

So by that logic we should legalize pot, cocaine, heroine, bath salts, fully automatic weapons? Let us stop registering cars too.Are you pro life Ken? If so, then rethink wanting to change abortion laws too.

So kindly enlighten me how would've the long gun registry adverted this incident?

Robert4
Premium Member
join:2002-03-11
St John'S, NL

Robert4

Premium Member

said by vue666:

So kindly enlighten me how would've the long gun registry adverted this incident?

Big shock, Ken deflected with his own question instead of answering mine.

I think that semi automatics should be banned, not merely registered. Two separate things Ken.
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned)

said by Robert4:
I think that semi automatics should be banned, not merely registered. Two separate things Ken.

Wow big shock. I asked you how would have the long gun registry averted this task... AND you reply about banning semi automatics...

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

said by Robert4:

said by vue666:

And I'll ask once more...Do you really believe criminals will register their guns? Banning something does not work (prohibition, drugs, etc)...

So by that logic we should legalize pot, cocaine, heroine, bath salts, fully automatic weapons? Let us stop registering cars too.Are you pro life Ken? If so, then rethink wanting to change abortion laws too.

said by vue666:

said by Robert4:

Wow big shock. I asked you how would have the long gun registry averted this task... AND you reply about banning semi automatics...

Statement: bans don't work
Question: shall we legalize all sorts of things if bans don't work? Or what?
Reply: Would long gun registry have done anything?

Most of us would see a logic fail here, as the reply has nothing to do with the question asked about the initial statement. In short, you deflect a question by going off on a tangent to avoid answering, and then denigrate for not answering your tangent and attempting to stay on topic? Living in a glass house, throwing stones, and all that.

What do you think should be done, if your opinion is that bans don't work?