how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Cobra11M

join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX

...ouch

prices are gonna go threw the roof.. this is horrible.. no its not a bad idea and should of been started when wireless started.. but instead sold it

now your wanting the companies to share it so that way spectrum is freed up and more efficient.. what you think the companies are gonna do? play fair? maybe but theirs gonna be a price to pay for that because they will not loose billions over this prices are gonna rise like crazy now

Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

You say twice that prices will soar but don't give a single reason why, beyond stating they will do it to try and protect their current profits.

Considering that this would hopefully create a large pool of providers that will be able to provide the same coverage and potentially the same services, how will prices increase?

What I see happening is that 1.) They will compete on price 2.) They will compete on services 3.) They will compete on innovating to capture more customers 4.) It will lower the cost to build and operate as networks will be more compatible/interchangeable 5.) Phones will be cheaper to make as they will have less "standards" to design to and dole up their hardware for.

All of those things benefit consumers in every way and being that no corporation has "a right" to make billions in profit every quarter, it certainly is not going to hurt them to compete.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2

Up here in Canada smaller companies started up. Right now the have zones, primarily in large urban Areas. Once you leave that zone, you roam on one of the incumbents networks. The incumbents have ben doing their best to make it difficult, instead of a seamless switch, they drop the call. They advertise false claims ( which has cost them huge fines), and lastly started up their own low cost companies to compete with the newcomers.

If you think the US incumbents would do less, you're in for a surprise.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

Oh, I dont put anything past these greedy SOB's and would expect nothing less.

However, one would hope that with time the elected officials will do their job and provide the oversight needed to correct the problems. (Another pipe dream of course)