Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to Last Parade

Premium Member

to Last Parade

Re: [Serious] HBC to close most of remaining Zellers stores

For some reason I thought it was in Ridgeway and couldn't find it on their list of stores (as it was my intention to use that streetview rather than Welland) and gave up.

Ridgeway, Crystal Beach, whatever. It's all the same crap.

Last Parade
join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade

said by Gone:

For some reason I thought it was in Ridgeway and couldn't find it on their list of stores (as it was my intention to use that streetview rather than Welland) and gave up.

The IGA it replaced wasn't much more inspiring.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG

Premium Member

said by Last Parade:

said by Gone:

The IGA it replaced wasn't much more inspiring.

AH damn it I was so pissed when food land replaced IGA last year cause IGA had steak-ems that I liked then once foodloand got them no more steak-ems. I was forking forever tiring to find them in Canada too. man they be good. anyone know what store does have
steak-ems?

Devanchya
Smile
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Ajax, ON

Devanchya

Premium Member

Zero cards for steak? I will pass

TLS2000
Premium Member
join:2004-02-24
Elmsdale, NS

TLS2000

Premium Member

Steak doesn't have carbs man.

Mashiki
Balking The Enemy's Plans
join:2002-02-04
Woodstock, ON

Mashiki to TOPDAWG

to TOPDAWG
said by TOPDAWG:

AH damn it I was so pissed when food land replaced IGA last year cause IGA had steak-ems that I liked then once foodloand got them no more steak-ems. I was forking forever tiring to find them in Canada too. man they be good. anyone know what store does have
steak-ems?

Actually, ask for the meat dept. manager there. And 9/10 times they'll be able to special order them in for you. Oddly, I get mine from the Foodland here. I usually get in 5-10 boxes at a time, good for about 4 months. I like the flat stakettes not the sliced jobs. Finding steak-ums in Alberta? No problem, finding them in Ontario? Almost impossible now. US? Oh yeah, everywhere.

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium Member
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N

A Lurker to TLS2000

Premium Member

to TLS2000
said by TLS2000:

Steak doesn't have carbs man.

Oddly enough seeing 'zero total carbs' on the package always makes me wonder what's in them. As it happens, according to their website, just beef. So the zero carbs is just a marketing ploy.

The only store I see that is 100% Canadian on their list is A&P. Foodland/IGA, Walmart, etc. have more presence in the United States, so finding them in Canada might be a problem. As Mashiki already mentioned, try the meat dept. in the store that used to sell them. Since Foodland is listed as a seller, it might be possible to have them ordered in.

I've sliced steak pretty thin on my food slicer, but not quite sure that thin for steak-ums (usually 1/8" to 3/16" for jerky).