Premium
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA
kudos:4
reply to lijacobs

Re: Thought FIOS TV was the best until I saw this. Wow

said by lijacobs:

said by JPL:

Right... which is the Nexus tablet. Look at the press package. There's an item under there titled 'The new remote...' And they show a picture of the Nexus, and talk about the fact that the tablet will serve as your remote.

If you look at the entire, long, tedious video of the announcement they do show one of the announcers holding a traditional, small remote. Each of the very small STB's (which is also a WAP and an ethernet swtch BTW) comes with a traditional, small remote. The Nexus tab is gravy.

Ok, I'll take that back, then. I didn't watch the video. I went by what was on their website. Just seems odd to make a point of the fact that your tablet is your remote on their website. I got the wrong impression... it's easy to see other consumers doing the same. Generally when you advertize some novelty, it's treated as an add-on, not as the main feature.

I'm sure much more will shake out as the product rolls out there and the various tech writers get their hands on it.

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state
Just get 1 ghz internet and directv. Problem solved.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by Metatron2008:

Just get 1 ghz internet and directv. Problem solved.

Since Stockbridge GA does not have FiOS, why is your comment pertinent? I'm just curious, also what is "1 ghz internet?"