Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to bpFlamb

Re: still WISP or highspeed available in Flamborough

That's all well and good, but when a company has a terrible reputation, saying "they changed their hardware" isn't going to magically change everybody's opinion, and it doesn't do anything to address the customer service concerns.

I took a look at the offerings Xplornet has. I tried a location in Ottawa, and I tried one in Brantford. I didn't see any WiMAX, just 4G satellite. The offering I'm seeing is $90 per month for 30GB of bandwidth at 5 Mbps. That's not great considering the latency.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

You forgot

@videotron.ca
said by Guspaz:

Xplornet generally has a very poor reputation, and providers such as TekSavvy that have attempted to resell their services in the past have pulled out of those relationships due to the poor quality of service xplornet provided. This is backed up by DSLR's own reviews, where of 52 reviews, 10 are good, 12 are mixed, and 30 are bad.

As a company, they have a reputation for poor customer service and failing to live up to promises of delivered performance. If they want to convince the general public that this is no longer the case, they're going to have to prove it. When you're a company with a tainted rep, dismissing customer feedback as "rumors and lies" is counter-productive.

said by Guspaz:

That's all well and good, but when a company has a terrible reputation, saying "they changed their hardware" isn't going to magically change everybody's opinion, and it doesn't do anything to address the customer service concerns.

The only new hardware xplornet invested in is DPI and throttle boxes.

Xplornet has had the longest open neutrality complaint in CRTC histroy, and it was due to them not giving people what they bought and taking forever even disclosing it. This doesn't seem like a very upfront company to me.

Xplornet then "warned" everyone (media included) not to write about what Dr. Geist showed us and blogged about that was on public record at the CRTC.

Canada's Net Neutrality Enforcement Failure
»www.michaelgeist.ca/content/view ··· 918/135/

(note to forum users, Xplornet says they will sue you if you copy/paste or reference what Dr. Geist posted... LOL)

(Note to mod's: pasting a link doesn't make you liable per Supreme court; Crookes versus Newton (ie. the link lawsuit that was posted here))

So Xplornet then tries to intimidate and scare the blog world, the media, and people like you and me from restating what Dr. Geist wrote and pointed to that is on public record, or face being sued.

Again, intimidation. Just like the intimidation this xplornet guy here in the forum tried to pull on scorpido.

Libel chill. Brrr.

The big warning and "or else":
Warning to Editors re: Allegations made by Michael Geist
»www.newswire.ca/en/story/745965/ ··· el-geist

Geists replies to Xplornets world wide threat here:

The Xplornet's Release: Digging into the Documents
»www.michaelgeist.ca/content/view ··· 931/125/

Of course the media doesn't take well to being intimidated, Similar to like what we saw this Xplornet guy here try to do to scorpido.

Xplornet asked me not to write this
»www2.macleans.ca/2011/07/18/xplo ··· te-this/

You should really read this whole thing. Lots of giggles in there.

You sure left out a lot about how this government-subsidized rural provider is towards people, treats people, and threatens and intimidates people, Guspaz. Were you trying to be nice? Or did you forget about the above?

But I guess that doesn't matter anymore. xplornet changed as of yesterday. No more threats and intimidation... umm, except on forums.

They love their customers as of yesterday. No more hiding the truth for 1.5 years about what your bought, paid for, and got lock-in with.

After 1.5 years of run-arounds, yesterday they have changed.

Oh yeah... Files on public record Xplornet doesn't want anyone to see:
»www.michaelgeist.ca/component/op ··· /gid,79/
»www.michaelgeist.ca/component/op ··· /gid,80/

And umm... Changing hardware does not change how a company treats its' beloved customers. Nor should people forget about xplornets intimidation. These are things that no amount of hardware can change.