Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2
reply to Rattler

Re: Signing onto NBCOlympics w/ a FiOS ID

Just tried and it worked for me.

Rattler

join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA
I wonder what the heck is going on with my account. I can get to HBO-GO and the other on-line services. I've just hit a wall with the NBC site.
--
Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. -- Red Buttons

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
I am using my verizon.net credentials to logon, not my verizon.com credentials (which were consolidated to the .net credentials last year) and it works fine. Maybe this is your problem.

I found a post that discusses the two sets of credentials. Here is the text in the words of the poster. I posted it on the Verizon forum and some people reported success. There's a long thread on this issue over there. (»forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Te···p/462837)

It is possible to have a .com ID and a .NET ID. One lets you look at your bill (.com) and it is not linked to your .net which causes problems when accessing online tv content. That is where the activation comes in (»activate.verizon.net), when you go through that (for me at least) I got a message that I had TWO id's it told me what the other ID was, and then it began linking them together. Once they were linked I was able to access all the online stuff.

Rattler

Havertown, PA
reply to kes601
Click for full size
Here's a screen-grab of the window that I keep getting after I do the initial log-in. Once I get this, it continually returns to it after I enter my "credentials".
--
Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. -- Red Buttons

sjfiostech

join:2008-07-29
Medford, NJ
Rattler....Getting the same thing (Safari/Mac)

PJL

Long Beach, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Rattler
said by Rattler:

Here's a screen-grab of the window that I keep getting after I do the initial log-in. Once I get this, it continually returns to it after I enter my "credentials".

It returns to it because it doesn't like your credentials (user name and password don't match what they think they should be). Suggest you read my prior post.

Rattler

Havertown, PA
reply to PJL
PJL...

I have not used my old verizon.com U/N & P/W for a long, long time. I'm using my main verizon.net U/N & P/W which is the same as I use for access to my main email account and MyVerizon 3.0

I am attempting to access the NBC site using FFox V12.0 running on an XP, SP3 machine. I haven't used IE for ages and the version I have on this machine is an older one that V* complains about not supporting.

I'm wondering if there may be a cache problem or possibly there are cookies set that are messing things up...
--

PJL

Long Beach, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit
said by Rattler:

PJL...

I have not used my old verizon.com U/N & P/W for a long, long time. I'm using my main verizon.net U/N & P/W which is the same as I use for access to my main email account and MyVerizon 3.0

I am attempting to access the NBC site using FFox V12.0 running on an XP, SP3 machine. I haven't used IE for ages and the version I have on this machine is an older one that V* complains about not supporting.

I'm wondering if there may be a cache problem or possibly there are cookies set that are messing things up...

You might at least try what I suggested, including the steps that led to success for others with your problem.

Rattler

Havertown, PA
said by PJL:

You might at least try what I suggested, including the steps that lead to success for others with your problem.

I am VERY reluctant to allow V* to install In Home Agent on any of my machines, which appears to be a requirement to finish the activation process (for an account I've had for 5-1/2 years), so I terminated it.

To add to the conundrum, I just went to another machine here that is running W7 and FFox 8. Did the sign-up on NBCOlympics using the same U/N & P/W that failed here and it went through with no issues - I can now access the vids and streaming content on that 'puter. So I am sure that it is not a U/N & P/W problem. And, I am certain that it was entered correctly on this box, at least one of the 6 - 8 times I entered it.

I think it's a cache or cookie problem on this machine and I'll try snooping through them later. Clearing the cache had no effect but I did not shut down the browser and restart it.
--

Rattler

Havertown, PA
Well, I just cleared everything in Firefox on this machine and I still cannot access NBCOlympics.com's online videos. HBOGO and other online apps are fine.
--

Bootes
Premium
join:2005-01-28
New York, NY
I would suggest creating a new verizon.net account. You can have multiple. Try using the new account on NBC Olympics.

Go to »www.verizon.net
Login
Click on Welcome, Name in the top right
You'll find Sub Accounts towards the bottom