ArthurS
Watch Those Blinking Lights
Premium
join:2000-10-28
Hamilton, ON
reply to DKS

Re: [Serious] Sleep Apnea

said by DKS:

Humidifiers are now standard, unfortunately, in Ontario. I am the complete opposite. I need "dry" or I will be full of sinus infection. And yes, humidifiers are unnecessary. People never used them for years.

For me the humidifier makes all the difference between a wonderful day and an absolutely crappy day! Everyone's needs are unique. People didn't use humidifiers for years because many CPAP machines did not offer that option, and if they did, it was an expensive option not funded by the government or insurance companies, but that doesn't mean that people didn't need them. Likewise modern features like auto pressure adjustment, exhale relief, rainout reduction, low noise were not available either for many years, but that doesn't mean those options are completely unnecessary because we survived without them. Each advancement addresses the unique needs for each apnea sufferer. For some each feature makes all the difference between a mediocre sleep and a wonderful sleep. To each their own. To suggest that a feature is unnecessary is the equivalent of saying that the treatment should be all the same for all sleep apnea sufferers, ignorance is bliss. There are so many variants of sleep apnea, add the uniqueness of the human body, one size does not fit all.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
said by ArthurS:

Each advancement addresses the unique needs for each apnea sufferer.

Or is a marketing tool to make more money for the manufacturer...
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N

1 recommendation

said by DKS:

Or is a marketing tool to make more money for the manufacturer...

You know, sometimes I think you are unyielding, and other times I just think you're an a**. Just because you don't need a humidifier on your machine doesn't mean others don't. No matter what others say here you just keep saying they don't need it. How nice it must be to know everything about everybody.

I don't use a machine that you're all discussing, but in the winter I need a humidifier when I sleep otherwise I wake up with huge sinus issues. Obviously I must be mistaken, it must be a marketing tool for my 40+ year old humidifier that my parents bought.