join:2004-09-12
land of big

goalieskates to Name Game

Premium Member

to Name Game

Re: DHS Prepares for Civil Unrest...

said by Name Game:

quote:
The riot gear will be worn by Federal Protective Service agents who are tasked with protecting property, grounds and buildings owned by the federal government.
The urgency of the order can be explained by the fact that there is a growing anticipation that many demonstrators will travel to the Republican National Convention (RNC), scheduled for August 27-30 in Tampa Bay, Florida, and Democratic National Convention (DNC), planned for September 3-6 in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Color me skeptical. What'd they do with all the stuff they bought for the riots that didn't happen in Chicago during the NATO summit? (At least, not as much as they planned for.)

Add to that the quote is contradictory. The federal government doesn't own the "property, grounds, and buildings" where either convention is being held.

So what's it for really?

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium Member
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut

Premium Member

To be honest, this sounds like preparation for a complete police / military state. Think Syria.

Camaro
Question everything
Premium Member
join:2008-04-05
Westfield, MA

Camaro

Premium Member

Took the word's right out of my mouth, seems the U.S is learning from Russia and China and are slowly turn our democracy into a dictatorship without us even caring because the economy is the number one concern right now.

(Puts tin foil hate on) Just a coincidence that over the last year this has been happening slowly, civil unrest anyone?). And to think prob. more money from our property taxes goes to the cops then schools social services etc.

goalieskates
Premium Member
land of big

1 recommendation

goalieskates to Juggernaut

Premium Member

to Juggernaut
said by Juggernaut:

To be honest, this sounds like preparation for a complete police / military state. Think Syria.

It does.

So just what is DHS planning on doing that they believe will inspire riots by the masses? Somebody is about to be very, very bad, deliberately.

FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

join:2000-10-05
Marina, CA

FutureMon

I would simply state that when Obama gets re-elected, there's gonna be a LOT of pissed off rednecks and teabaggers who wouldn't think twice about starting riots over it.

Simple enough to see. Why not plan for it?

- FM

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

said by FutureMon:

I would simply state that when Obama gets re-elected, there's gonna be a LOT of pissed off rednecks and teabaggers who wouldn't think twice about starting riots over it.

- FM

Party already started last month...thank you very much But bring your own stuff.

goalieskates
Premium Member
land of big

2 recommendations

goalieskates to FutureMon

Premium Member

to FutureMon
said by FutureMon:

- FM

Because there are always so many riots after an election, right? And only rednecks and teabaggers are sore losers? /sarcasm.

If you believe that and accept it as a reason to "plan" you're a product of that dumbed-down education. Head on over to the porch and ponder the fact a drone can't tell a redneck from a liberal, and nobody stops during a riot to ask the question either. When liberties are taken away, it's everybody's liberty, including yours.

FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

join:2000-10-05
Marina, CA

FutureMon

I'm not going to be the one throwing rocks at the police, so I doubt it will affect me

- FM

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

said by FutureMon:

I'm not going to be the one throwing rocks at the police, so I doubt it will affect me

- FM

Love it when you have it all signed sealed and delivered... kinda gives credence to your suppositions.. you'd be fun at the party.

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

1 recommendation

StuartMW to FutureMon

Premium Member

to FutureMon

Are there any WOMEN here today?

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

They are all busy today on the hockey field..but if you can get all ten through the hoop we might have some extra medals laying around.