share rss forum feed

Blockfire
Sarcasm is my native tongue

join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS
kudos:1
reply to gatorkram

Re: [D3] Still playing? [poll]

I have a feeling that Blizz was shooting for a Micro-transaction takeover and made the game to push people to the RMAH, which I resent.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
said by Blockfire:

I have a feeling that Blizz was shooting for a Micro-transaction takeover and made the game to push people to the RMAH, which I resent.

Why do so many people bash the rmah. Al the rmah did was give the users and players a chance to take advantage of what every other third party website is already doing.

With or without it, tons of people would be taking advantage of all the services out there to get items and gold for real money.

I will admit I am sure it is more widespread with the official and in game ability to do it, but it would still be there in the background regardless.

As to the overall way they had to design drops, due to the millions of people playing, and the easy exchange of items for gold or money, sure they had to cut back on the number of drops people get overall or the market would be flooded with items, and the game would be over for most in a few weeks.

Having played on "private" wow servers, where they adjust the drop rates, so that you get pretty much anything you want, it soon gets very boring. The same would be true for D3, I have no doubt.
--
What the heck is a GatorKram? »www.gatorkram.com

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
said by gatorkram:

Having played on "private" wow servers, where they adjust the drop rates, so that you get pretty much anything you want, it soon gets very boring. The same would be true for D3, I have no doubt.

As currently implemented, people are leaving out of frustration with never being able to get what they want. Wouldn't it be better if people were able to get what they want before they quit?
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3
reply to gatorkram
said by gatorkram:

As to the overall way they had to design drops, due to the millions of people playing, and the easy exchange of items for gold or money, sure they had to cut back on the number of drops people get overall or the market would be flooded with items, and the game would be over for most in a few weeks.

Problem starts when you tune the drops so hard though, the only real path people see is dropping $$$ on a broken game. Then they bail, less people are fishing these rare drops, and the problem just keeps compounding itself.

I'll just put it this way: in D2, I actually could grind out to find items that me or my friends could use. In D3, I've put in many, many hours in 60 toons to simply not find a god damn thing.

Diablo 3 is a great and balanced game for the 1-60 players. However, I just can't recommend the 60+ game to anyone at this point - it's an unrewarding face grind.

Besice

join:2011-06-16
Tempe, AZ
I agree 100% Thaler.